Hello, folks. My friend has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. I know that headache is one of her main problems. I would really like to know if acupuncture can be helpful for this kind of problem in MS. I would really be grateful if you could share your opinions about this. Thanks in advance.

Hello, there. Headaches are not one of the most common symptoms for MS patients. However, we cannot tell you that they are rare. I have read somewhere that almost 60% of MS patients have some type of headache. It is mostly migraine. However, they can also complain on cluster headaches. I am not sure about using acupuncture here. Maybe your friend should consult an expert. If you find out something new, please let me know. Good luck! Bye!

Hello, good people. I don’t agree with this. MS is considered to be autoimmune disease. Myelin which covers the nerve fibers is under the attack of the body’s immune system. Acupuncture strengthens immune system. Looking at this, you can see that you can only worsen one’s MS symptoms with acupuncture. I wouldn’t recommend your friend to do this. He can consult an expert about this. I think he will get a similar answer. Bye!

Hi, guys. Common headaches can be treated with acupuncture. Many people experience benefits from this kind of therapy. On the other hand, if your friend’s headache is caused by MS, then she shouldn’t go for it. Acupuncture indeed boosts your immune system. And you wouldn’t like to do that when you have an autoimmune disease. MS is indeed considered to be this kind of disease. In any case, I would ask for a professional’s advice. I hope everything will be fine with your friend. Bye!