Hi, folks. My mother has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. One of her main difficulties is dysesthesia. I would really like to help her somehow. Can you help me with some advice? I would really appreciate if you could give me some info considering this topic. Thank you for replying. Bye, guys!

Hi, there. Dysesthesia is a painful sensation. It is unpleasant and abnormal. It can be provoked by no obvious cause. They appear mostly in extremities. However, they can appear in trunk as well. Dysesthesias are usual for MS patients. Your mother should receive some medications. They can be usual painkillers, but also the ones that are used for trigeminal neuralgia. Consult your mother’s doctor for more details. Good luck!

Hello. I agree with the previous definition of dysesthesia. However, I wouldn’t agree with the painkillers. They are not used here. It is because they are ineffective. So, forget about aspirin. Your mother will probably get gabapentin. You will see that with her doctor. Maybe she will be prescribed some physical therapy. It is recommended for people with MS. Bye!

Hi, everyone. Dysesthesias belong to a group of sensory symptoms. They are common for people with MS. It shouldn’t surprise you. Anticonvulsants are recommended here. Don’t be surprised. They are also recommended for the treatment of trigeminal neuralgia. Those would be: gabapentin, carbamazepine, etc. I hope this helps. Bye!