Hello, guys. My mother has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. I know that this disease is difficult. She has been experiencing some problems with sleeping. I would like to know something more about this. How should be they treated? I will appreciate all your replies considering this. Thank you for replying.

Hello to you too. MS is a very strange disease. It has so many signs and symptoms. Sleeping problems are also possible here. Insomnia in MS can be initial, middle or terminal. Initial insomnia is usually caused by pain or anxiety. This can make harder for someone to fall asleep. Middle insomnia is caused often by muscle spasms. Causes of terminal insomnia are not well understood in MS patients. Your mother should consult her doctor about this. Bye!

Hi, there. My brother has been diagnosed with MS. However, your mother can have some daily routines that could reduce her sleeping problems. She should be exposed to bright light during the day. She should avoid alcohol, caffeine and nicotine in late afternoon and evening. She should be regular with her daily exercise. Let her make some routine before sleeping that involves some kind of relaxing. She mustn’t read or watch TV in her bed. She should also have the same sleeping schedule. It means that she should go to bed at the same time every day. If she has problems with sleeping, she should get up after 15 minutes of trying. It’s not good to stay awake in bed.

Hi, everyone. I know what you mean. My neighbor has MS and one of her problems was insomnia. I know that she would easier fall asleep in cold room. Keep your mother’s room cold. She can also wear socks when she sleeps. It can even help her in the summer. They can reduce some sensations in her feet that can interrupt her sleep. I would also recommend taking shots in the morning. The anxiety of taking them can make you fall asleep harder. I hope this will help.