Hello, folks. My sister has been complaining for headaches for a long time. Doctors excluded many factors. I think that now they suspect on multiple sclerosis. I would like to know if people with MS have problems with headaches. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me something more. Bye!

Hello. MS is a tricky disease. It can appear with various signs and symptoms. Headache can be one of them. However, I must admit that headaches are not common for MS patients. The type of headache that is common for MS patients is migraine. Some studies have shown that almost one third of MS patients have some type of headache. I couldn’t tell you the details. You should consult your sister’s doctors for more info. I hope this helps.

Hi, there. I have also read that headaches are rare for MS. MS is usually diagnosed when there is a discrete episode of neurological dysfunction. Those would be: loss of vision on one eye, double vision, weakness in one side of the body, inability to walk or pass the urine, etc. There can be also loss of sensation in one part of the body. Tingling and numbness can also appear. However, if the doctors suspect, let them do the necessary diagnostic tests. Only then they can be sure whether your sister has or hasn’t MS. I hope she will be all right. Good luck!

Hello. I wouldn’t quite agree with the previous posts. OK, you can that headaches do not appear as frequent symptom of MS. However, MS patients are prone to headaches more than general population. Usually, those are migraines. These headaches can be caused by various factors here. Sometimes those are the lesions in the central nervous system. They can also be caused by depression or by a medication side effect. I have read somewhere that about 58% of all MS patients experience headaches! So, I wouldn’t say that they are “uncommon”. I hope this will help.