I am a 27 years old woman and have been unsuccessful in having intercourse due to having a lot and lot of pain... have been really trying very hard but unsuccessful.. i want to have a baby... can a hymen break thru surgery and what king of surgery would it be and will it still be painful in having sexual intercourse after the surgery...

just because you are in pain does not mean you have not broken your hymen. Has a doctor told you its still there? there are other things that can cause intercourse to be painful.Get yourself into the doctor and see what they say!

your pain isn't likely to be your hymen, the hymen doesnt even have many nerve endings in it!!! there are a whole host of other things that could be causing pain!!

please dont ignore members when they are trying to help you out!!!

Hello hun,
I dont think the pain is due to hymen breaking at all. I think you have a condition called vaginismus. This is the painful spasm of the vagina due to involuntary muscular contraction, usually severe enough to prevent intercourse. What I suggest is to go and see a Gynocologist or a doctor, who can determine if something in that way is wrong and offer help and reasons why this is.

hope I helped
love always,
Kee
xx

I know exactly what you are talking about & YES it can hurt because my hymen was still attached! It was attached at both "ends" which made a ring on the inside of my vagina & it made it very painful to have sex - awkward and frustrating for a newly married couple! My doctor said she'd never seen that before, but had heard of it. I had a "hymenectomy" to remove what was left of my hymen & all is good! Hope this helps...

hey im having a hymen breaking surgey next friday

If this post is still active, how much did your surgery cost?  Before insurance.  Was there scarring?  I may be having a similar surgery. 

Is that surgey costly