Is there a way I could do it on my own? With my fingers or something? Or a way to strech it possably...?

nope, you need vaginal penetration.

just out of interest, Why would you want to?

You can break your hymen on your own. Some girls break their hymen through horseback riding, sports, or other "rough housing"... other girls just break theirs through masturbation (typically with a dildo/vibrator)... Mine was broken prior to sex. Or at least, I'm almost positive it was because sex wasn't at all painful for me the first time.

Hey people in this conversation , wondering if anyone can help me ?
im a virgin , and really scared to have sex for the first time becasue im scared that breaking my hymen will be unbearable , anyone got any advice as to how painful it is ? and secondly does your hymen heal back to normal after you have broken it , or does it stay broken ?

Although I am not female, I believe that the experience varies a great deal from individual to individual. There are tough hymens, and weak ones... easily torn hymen, and fragmented hymen.

I don't think there is anything along the lines of a "repaired" or "regrown" hymen. So, to ask if it stays broken is like saying, "Am I damaged goods?" No, you're not, but as the hymen gives way, it does not grow back.

If you have any concerns, go see your GYN doctor for an exam and advice, or try your medical clinic. Usually, if a hymen is going to be a problem, the doc can make a surgical snip to "break" the hymen and allow intercourse to be much easier. However, you have to be frank with them and discuss your fears and concerns.

Good luck.

Hymens are known to grow back in children, I found that out from a cps worker. Don't know about older kids/teens. don't poke around deep inside, it is only over the entrance of the vagina (if it's there at all anymore.) hurting yourself inside could really harm your body. Your cervix is in there! You do not want scar tissue. you don't want to hemorrage either from puncturing your vaginal wall.

lola2008 wrote:

my hymen broke on one side and was hangin so i cut the other side off :s

----- omg did that hurt????????????

Right... this may sound a bit wierd lol but oh well xD i did a bit of research on the hymen as it kept coming up and i wasn't quite sure what it was lol turns out it is basically the thing that determines whether you are a virgin or not, in a sense. Well i was then on this site that strangely showed the different types of ones and then one of them caught my eye. it was the bridge hymen, i think was it's name; this means it goes through the middle of the outside of the opening of the vagina (i hate that word lol) and it looks very wierd. I had this years ago, i'm 16 now lol and i got so annoyed by it, as it really wasn't normal. One day i got some like little baby nail scissors and did a quick snip through the middle. Strangely this didn't hurt, but all the other places on it were really sensitive. Although i cut it, there were now two little hanging things either side, but they disappeared lol Anyway, my question is, like i know losing your virginity, is when you get penetrated by a penis (i also hate that word lol) for the first time, but it's also when you get your 'cherry popped', so when your hymen does something or what have you, i'm not too sure lol but i'm wondering as i cut mine off, does that technically mean that i took my own virginity?
please reply lol i'm actually really curious lol
thank you x

lmfao your hymen isnt like a disk inserted inside you its just a little layer of skin AROUND the entrance to yo vagina. If you look carefully in the mirror you can see a slightly white ring of very thin skin around the entrance.THAT is your hymen.

i have this so called bridge (seperate) hymen and i've almost had sex with my boyfriend and i told him "i wasn't going to lie" then he said "what do you mean" and i said, "i'm scared" he asked me why then told me it would be fine. No, we did not have sex, i am afraid that my bridge hymen would cause too much pain or that it may not be able to be broken through. I need advice ?

what do you mean it was hanging onn the other side and you had to cut it!??

:?

When you break your hymen it's not like it just falls off or disappears. Depening on what type of hymen you have and the size of what ever tore it, it'll tear in one or more places then whats left will either go away in time or you can either cut it off yourself ( not recommended) or go to your doctor and have them do it

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

lola2008 wrote:

----- omg did that hurt????????????

it just sounds painful ... really painful !!!

I think that hymens are really annoying things to have around the age of adolescence.. First of all, I think the whole "virgin" thing is a crock, and only really something to make people feel inadequate if they don't have sex or something, and second of all I think it's unsanitary to even do something like that with another person. I mean to risk infection and all the pain and everything?

Just have some guy storming through, the hell with that, I broke it myself! And these people going through these operations to mend it, it seems like they're all tricking themselves and it's just one big joke to me, I'm sure the doctors out there doing it are laughing at how much money they're making off these fools, it doesn't change the fact you never had sex.. It just changes the fact that your hymen is there before.. and they wanna go through that again?! The hell with that, I say buy some kind of sex toy and go for it.

Oh and in case anyone is wondering, I do like guys, I just think the idea of the hymen is a bit worthless and irritating if you're highly sexually active.

i am really confused what is you hymen or how ever you spell it???????