Please somebody help me out. I want to know, how deep a penetration do u need to break your hymen? My boyfriend and I were having touching intimately and he put his penis in my vagina but he didn't go all the way deep, he did some shallow thrusting. Did he break the hymen? Before now l could insert a finger just halfway my vagina and l feel some sort of resistance if l wanted to go futher, this is still d case but l'm so confused!!... How far up is the hymen? Is the resistance l feel my hymen? 

Thanks

Confused Chic 

Hey there, I understand that you are worried and that the only question that is now in your head is can the hymen be broken by finger or can you or your boyfriend during the penetration break it, but the truth is that yes - you can and no - there are no rules how deep it needs to be. Sometimes some girls do have intercourse but their hymen is still there...After third or fourth intercourse, they notice some blood. Don't ask me how I know it lol :) So, there is no rule for the girls, remember that every girl is different. 

it depends on the girl. some people are deeper than others. you would know if your hymen was broken though because there would be a sharp sting and you would be bleeding if thats notthe case he didnt break you hymen and that resistence is more than likely the hymen

it sounds like he has not broken your hymen. does he know what he is doing?
the resistance you feel is still your hymen.
it should also feel absolutely amazing, if it doesn't it ain't right.

hey i want yo know whther i broke my hymen or not by inserting my index fingure 2cms inside my vagina for half min.m v tnsed........i just touchd smthng.whch was lyk a wall.....did i broke..tel me wht hav i dne actually????

hey i enterd my index fingure 2cms deep inside my vagine..for half min...a want to know did i break my hymen or not.m v tnsed.plz tel me wht i hav dne exectly.......i jst touched smthng like a wall....pls reply to ths.........

Please somebody help me out. I want to know, how deep a penetration do u need to break your hymen? My boyfriend and I were having touching intimately and he put his penis in my vagina but he didn't go all the way deep, he did some shallow thrusting. Did he break the hymen? Before now l could insert a finger just halfway my vagina and l feel some sort of resistance if l wanted to go futher, this is still d case but l'm so confused!!... How far up is the hymen? Is the resistance l feel my hymen?

Thanks

I can insert my whole middle finger with no pain but when I Put tye finger in I can feel something.

fahy i want to ask can my boy friend did it to me by accident by his finger ..as he was touching me roughly down there and there was pain and dots of blood but also he hurt me near to the anal canal so am confused if that was because of the wound he did or rupture of the hymen also i cant put my finger on the opening of the vagina does it mean the hymen is intact and he didnot reach it

I'm not a girl, but I think normally you would notice, but I've been told that sometimes they don't feel the pain, but there is usually pain or some blood.  There are different types of hymen.  Some are quite thick and must be surgically cut to allow for intercourse.  Normally they are not that thick and slight pain is experienced when it tears with a bit of bleeding.

Typically it is not that far in, just inside the labia or at the labia entrance.  Just google hymen image and you'll see some.

This site provides a diagram: http://www.fotosearch.com/photos-images/hymen.html

#7 is the hymen

Don't sweat it if you think it may be gone.  Virginity is more a state of mind since, as someone else already mentioned, some girls tear their hymen with sports or other ways without knowing.

The hymen is not inside the vagina. Its thin tissue apart of the vulva at the entrance of the vagina

It is true that the hymen "guards" the vagina: it does not reside inside.  So, if you can put something inside you vagina, you have a hole in your hymen.  That is normal: if there were no hole menstrual flow could not emerge.  It is the size of the hole that matters.  It is not large enough to get a normal erect penis through.  It tears open upon first intercourse.  Sometimes, there is more to it than the hymen.  Girls and women often involuntarily tighten the muscles of the vagina.  When that happens, it probably isn't just the hymen that causes the problem, the vaginal muscles contribute as well.  This problem is called vaginismus, and penetrating the hymen does not  cure it.  My wife and I have been married for nearly 50 years, and about 3 years ago she developed vaginismus for no known reason.  She found that there are plastic tubes that are purchased as a set.  They range from the size of a pinky, to almost the size of an erect penis.  She found she didn't need the three smallest tube, only the last two.  Each night she would lubricate the largest that would penetrate and leave it in for several minutes.  After about a weak the vaginismus was gone.  It seems that some stress condition causes it initially, then the fear of the pain causes it to be a continuing problem. The tubes allow the woman to realize that there should be no pain. 

The hymen is external, not inside the vagina, but partially covering the opening. The thing you are most likely feeling is the cervix. You do not want to break that!

Hello everyone....i wanted you people to help me know if my hymen s still on tact...i had an affasir with my boyfren but he did not go deep inside my virgina then i realised later that my finger can enter deep inside my virgina..does it mean my hymen broke?i am very confused?

yes
U R