Okay... I am a woman, and yet I still have no clue what part of me is the hymen. I've heard that some women don't have them or that they break early on sometimes. Can the hymen be broken by wearing tampons? And another thing: How can a woman have her period of she has a hymen? Wouldn't a hymen block off the vagina? I know that's a stupid quesiton and obviously the hymen wouldn't stop a woman from having her cycle... but I am very confused! I've heard that the hymen is skin covering the entrance to the vagina... is it visible or not visible? Thanks

Ok, first of all lets clear a few things up. Hymen sizes are different for each woman. Mine is very small, it is barely there. I don't believe I have torn it, and I am still a virgin. To locate your hymen put your finger at the tip of your vagina, right at the top and drag it down until you get where you would put your tampon ( vagina ) - stick it slightly in and you should feel a tiny fold of skin (unless you broke yours, or maybe you didn't ever have one) Some people need their hymen broken by a doctor because it covers their entire vagina, others only have and having a slightly large hymen can be painful. I think if you spread your legs out you might feel the skin contract and it might be a tad painful if yours is still intact. So, yes - if a woman had a large hymne she could not have her period properly, as I said, ad doctor visit may be required. Your hymen should be very visible, unless of course it doesn't exist.

Sorry, this is kind of out of order...and a lot of rambling, hope I helped <3

***Moderator: You were fine. Thank you for helping.***

answer=== see mainly hymen is a thin skin which is having a small hole that a finger can insert through

some women have what is called an "imperforate hymen", which means the hymen forms a complete seal over the vagina, this must be treated by a doctor before menarche (first period) to allow fluid to leave the body. generally though there is a large enough gap to allow women to have their period.

could i lose my hymen if water rushed through it strongly and i had a deep pain,i really need an answer

no what causes your hymen to break is either sexual intercourse or horse back riding etc. :-D

HOPED I HELPED
Dr.Sharmain Micheals

I also have a question... >_>" embarasing but... Okay when i was like 13 (or 12... Couldn't have been last year O.o but whatever... Anyway) my tampon got stuck. It hurt when I tried to pull it out, and when I looked down it looked like it was stuck on skin. I cut it with scisors... It didn't hurt, and i finally got the tampon out... Was that the hymen? If so... I lost my verginity to a frigin pair of scisors... Fml. T-T wouldn't know if I was bleeding because of that because I was on period at the time... Answers anyone?

yeah u lost ur hymen...

No you didn't lose your virginity to scissors, you have to have intercourse to lose your virginity. The hymen has nothing to do with virginity, some people can have intercourse without even breaking their hymen.

And some women perforate their hymen in sports injuries and other ways. It is not an absolute determinate of virginity. Only the woman knows for sure. As another poster put it, some women have intercourse and still keep their hymen intact. There are even cases on file where an obstetrician had to remove it during the birth of baby.

yes rebecca that was your hymen. same type of thing happened to me, but i managed to get the tampon out by pulling the hymen to the side. i then ended up needed a doctor to remove my hymen.

I have a weird question aswell.... i am 15 and still a virgin my ex fingered me quite alot and i was wondering if he had broke my hymen or if i never had one because i felt no pain and i didnt bleed also same question as before can the hymen be broken by a tampon? 

Thank You

ok......im a virgin and this guy wants to tonge me and finger me......can that cause me to loose my hymen.....also....i have checked myself and i have never felt a peice of skin inside my area ....is it possible that i dont have one .......

I also have an odd question. When I was around 10, I was playing with my Barbie dolls and I sat on the leg of one of my little chairs that I had for my dolls. It hurt really bad and a couple of hours later I found a little bit of blood in my underwear, but if I thought it was my period (I had already started it then). I was wondering if maybe I broke my hymen??

Quote:

Rebecca123 wrote:

OK look, it's a simple matter really. A virgin is a person who has not had sex.
Have you had sex? If yes, you are NOT a virgin. If no, then you ARE a virgin and there's nothing wrong with that. And you CANNOT lose your virginity with a pair of scissors ^^