I know there are so many blogs/forums out there about this but hey ho

i am desperate to use tampons, but i just cannot seem to use them, its not because im nervous or not ready because i am, is it my hymen blocking it because if it is, do i just push it and wiggle the tampon to push it through or use my fingers first?

can someone talk me through the WHOLE stage of breaking your hymen please!!

I really, really doubt your hymen is getting in the way.  In fact, I'm almost certain.

Think about the tampons you're using.  Do they use cardboard applicators?  Because they can be uncomfortable and difficult to get into place.  Furthermore, your anxiety and inexperience could be working against you.  Even if you're not fully aware of it, you may very well be tightening your vaginal muscles, resulting in these difficulties.

Finally, and not to put too fine a point on it, but maybe you're doing it wrong.  Tampons aren't meant to go very far inside the vagina, only far enough to get comfortable seated, without peeking out.

So, first, get yourself the fancy tampons with plastic applicators.  Next, make sure you're completely relaxed.  For the first, oh, week or so, you might want to go through the process while either comfortably seated or lying down.  Doing so after a hot shower or bath would be a good idea.  Most importantly, just take your time with the whole process.

This next bit of advice is going to sound really creepy.  Try arousing yourself a bit.  Getting yourself "in the mood" causes the vagina to relax a bit in preparation for intercourse.  But instead of intercourse, it's a tampon.

Now, like I said, I'm almost certain your hymen is not the issue, but, I wouldn't feel right if I didn't answer your original question: How to break your hymen.

I think the best advice I can give is to use an appropriately sized object (hairbrush handle), some lube, and be quick about it.  Insert the object, you'll know when it's done its work, and then hold it there until the discomfort diminishes.  You'll likely be sore for a bit, it varies person to person.  Just be glad that it's the sort of thing you only have to do once.

Pads are safer

yes they are