So, I'm asthmatic and I love music. I already can play a couple of instruments like guitar, violin, piano and cello, but now I'm interested in singing. I'm thinking about joining some singing school to start with it. What precautions should I take if any, or could I ever sing well when having asthma? I'm also on singulair and symbicort medicine, so could it affect my voice, is there something I should watch for? Looking for some advice. 

I think that it is so great that you are so into music and I offer you this: don't let anything stand in your way. It is totally possible to sing with asthma. Just make sure that you are well controlled on your controller medication. You might want to keep your emergency inhaler with you just in case you get out of breath. As far as I know it doesn't effect your voice, but if it does use it to your advantage! If you're really worried about it start practicing at your home, in the shower and everywhere to see how your lungs are cooperating. Good luck!

Actually, your meds can affect your voice. I've been on inhaled medication (for excercise induced asthma) pretty much all my life, but since I started using steroids, my voice has been hoarse and wheezy (especially on the higher notes). Never felt this great, I can run and excercise like a healthy person for the first time in my life, but my voice has changed. I'm trying to find meds that won't mess up my voice. I would advice you to discuss this with your doctor, and good luck!