Good day pet lovers. My cat is going through huge stress. She was hit by the car. It was nothing serious, she was not hurt. I took her to the vet immediately and she is fine. So, nothing happened. But she is stressed a lot.  I can’t calm her down especially when the night comes and when she sees the car on the street.  She is like insane! Can you guys please help me to learn how to reduce stress in my cat? How to calm her down? What to do? I am willing to try everything… I just want her to be fine.

Thank you!

Hello. When cat has an accident with a car it usually takes a little bit longer time for recovering. So you should be very patient because this case is hard and specific. You can sing to her, you can play some relaxing music. You can try to give her chamomile tea. Yes, a lot of people are drinking it to relax and the same anti – anxiety properties are for your cat. But you need to know that when she is stressed you need to give her a space. Don’t force her to cuddle with you. You can just make her angry and even more stressed.

Hey darling.

God, it would be so nice to determine what the cause of stress in your cat is. It is hard to find the cause but it is not impossible.

Does your cat have unwanted attention from, for example, your child or maybe some other family members? Well, you will need to change it. Especially after this little accident. She needs to be safe, she needs to have her own spot all the time.

Try to engage daily interactive playtime. This can help your cat to develop a positive association with you again.

Show her that you are always there, whenever she needs you. Once she feels this, she is going to be happy.

Hey guys,

I think singing is a good piece of advice. Unless your singing is awful, than don't do it, you don't want to make her even more stressful. 

I know that cats love classical music so you can play it to her. I'm not joking, they really love listening to classical music. You can also try to give her a massage. You need to do this very carefully since cats are very sensitive creatures. 

And don't force her to do anything. Just go along with everything she does. Let some time pass. She'll be as new as long as you give her some space. :)

Hi everyone,

I think that you really need to give her some time. Cats and dogs are similar to people when it comes to stress so she needs a lot of love and a lot of space. It's not so easy for people to respect both of these things and they often make mistakes but I'm sure that you can handle it.

I think that Mia gave you a good advice here. They say that cats adore classical music. I don't have any personal experience when it comes to that, but I heard people talk about it. And massages, yes, massages work like a charm against stress.

Hey there darling.

Just don’t force anything! That is the best cure and the best way to calm her down. We all have one problem – when we see that our pets are stressed we are wondering what we can do. In this case we force them too much, we want to cuddle with them, etc.

That is very wrong.

Leave her alone with her toys, play some calm music for her but on the indirect way show her that you are always there with her.

How about singing to her? Just don’t scream of course lol :)

It can be helpful :)

Hey there.

I think that you should not be worried that much. It happens to the cats all the time. There are several ways to calm your cat down.

You need to ask yourself does your cat going through some physical stress? Maybe she is going through something that you don’t know?

If this is the right answer I think that the only help that you can give her are medications. Of course, all cats that are treated with any anxiety medications should have some psychical exams and blood panels done to start the treatment. The only person who can do this is your vet and he can prescribe meds for your cat.

Hey everyone,

I'm not quite sure about those medications for anxiety. I don't personally like medications,especially not in this case. You shouldn't treat something that's only in her head with medications.

You just need to let her be. It's a phase, and phases require time. It's not easy when you get hit by a car, she is obviously frightened now, and very scared of cars. It might take a lot of time for her to get into her normal condition.

Don't play any music like, for her, just play it when she's not around so that when she comes around, if she likes it, she'll lay down near the speakers. :)

Hi guys,

I'm very sorry to hear about what has happened to your cat, Candice. My cat died when she got hit by a car so you should be happy that yours is still with you.

I'll go along with everything that others already told you, massages, classical music, giving her space, singing to her, these are all good recommendations.

I used to do all of that with my cat before she died and I have to say that she never happened to be stressed, sad or anything like that. Your cat is going to be better as the time passes, although her fear of cars might never disappear.