Good day everyone. My name is Horatio and I have male cat for three years now. He is really peaceful and he is playing all the time. He never attacked any of other cats from my neighborhood. But one other cat attacked him two days ago. I think that she is sick and whenever I try to tell this to her owner (older lady who has this cat) she yells at me. Well, her cat attacked my Charles and he is much stressed now. He is not using litter box and he avoids me.  Can you tell me is there any chance that some music can help me and him? Some music that can calm him down?

Most definitely, yes. They love music. And let’s face it, everyone can use some relaxation music when he/she is stressed.

Cats can enjoy listening to some classical music, piano and especially violin. But don’t try to make your cat listen to Lady Gaga with you. Loud noises or hearing someone scream can stress the cat out even more. Try playing Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings instead.

I’m not making this stuff up, I’ve read it somewhere. Maybe it was in some newspapers and there was this new study that showed certain music has the calming effect on cats. I believe it’s true.

Hello there dear Guest :)

Music definitely helps in this case but I was wondering how did you find out that music can help your cat? Have you ever tried this? If you did, it would be nice to share your experience because it would be very nice to know what kind of music your cat was listening :)

Some classic, relaxing music should definitely be on the list.

My cat was never stressed that way thanks God, but if I were you I would definitely try to play some instrumentals from Elton John :) They are calming for me and I think that they would be relaxing for stressed cat :)

Good luck!

Hello. It is true. Music can be very helpful. Playing some very relaxing music can help cats to be calm, without stress and away from fighting. Some owners believe that relaxing and beautiful music will help get a cat to return to use litter box. Definitely you can try but you need to find what your cat likes. I am sorry because I can’t recommend you some song because I don’t have a cat and I don’t know which song is appropriate for this situation but I think that you should find some music with piano and violin. Good luck.

Hello. I think that, just like people, people love to listen to the relaxing music when they’re upset.

But whether or not relaxing music will solve your cat’s problem- I think not.

When your cat stops using litter box that usually means  that he is insecure or he feels endangered.

That probably happened as a result of the other cat’s attack, on his territory.

I believe that the other cat was stronger and that’s why your cat is not using it anymore.

You need to find a way to reassure him that he is safe and to win back his trust and confidence.

Hey there good guys. And friends as well :) You are really helpful :)
I have to tell you that 45 minutes ago I read all your advice that you post in here. So immediately I have tried to play some good and relaxing music to my cat. I remember that I have tried this once and she was not so happy with the music. Maybe it was a bad choice, right?
Now I am playing some relaxing piano music to her and I don’t see that she is getting better :/
I don’t know is this OK, does she needs to get used on certain kind of music or I should change genre.

Hey everyone,

You need to train with your cat, make her do some push ups and lift some weight so she can beat the other cat, that will get her confidence back. Just kidding. :) 

My cat and I listen to Beethoven together almost every day. I heard somewhere that cats especially love Beethoven's music and I can say that my cat is one of those cats. She would just lie next to me on her back with all her four legs up and her eyes closed. I think she is definitely enjoying Beethoven.

I heard that listening to classical music is stress relieving to cats, too.

Hello from me too.

There are certain studies that show cats really enjoy music and it has been shown that it helps in recovery for some animals.

There are hours and hours of music on the internet that is supposed to relax both cats and dogs.

The melodies for cats and dogs are different and I believe that that division was made by the same people that did those studies.

Nevertheless, cat will certainly feel more relaxed when listening to that music that pleases his ears, and it will help him to feel more secure. I believe that will eventually lead to him being himself again.