How to stay awake in meetings:

Do you keep falling asleep in meetings and seminars? What about those long and boring conference calls? Here's a way to change all of that. Bull sh*t bingo.

1. Before (or during) your next meeting, seminar, or conference call, prepare yourself by drawing a square. I find that 5"x5" is a good
size. Divide the card into columns-five across and five down. That will give you 25 one-inch blocks.

>2. Write one of the following words/phrases in each block:

* synergy

* strategic fit

* core competencies

* best practice

* bottom line

* revisit

* expeditious

* to tell you the truth (or "the truth is")

* 24/7

* out of the loop

* benchmark

* value-added

* proactive

* win-win

* think outside the box

* fast track

* result-driven

* empower (or empowerment)

* knowledge base

* at the end of the day

* touch base

* mindset

* client focus(ed)

* paradigm

* game plan

* leverage

3. Check off the appropriate block when you hear one of those
words/phrases.

4. When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically, or

diagonally, you must stand up and shout "BS!"

Testimonials from satisfied "BS Bingo" players:

* "I had been in the meeting for only five minutes when I won."- Adam W., Atlanta

* "My attention span at meetings has improved dramatically."- David T.,

Florida

* "What a gas! Meetings will never be the same for me after my first

win."- Dan J., New York City

* "The atmosphere was tense in the last process meeting as 14 of us waited for the fifth box." - Ben G., Denver

A job long ago...
a place far away...
..I played this

:LOL: In my case I usually stay awake and focused in my lectures especially boring ones by doodling all over my notes. There was one time however when I witnessed a small-scale paper-ball fight between 2 or 3 fellow classmates in lecture (while the prof's lecturing away). Some people just never grow up even after high school...

As a former instructor I believed it was the instructor's job to present whatever it was in such a way that my students didn't fall asleep. Assuming you are talking about college lectures, do they seriously allow presenters to keep on giving boring presentations when YOU are PAYING for them?

so, it would be fair to say...it was rather juvenile to have to stay after class (in college) for passing notes during theology lecture.

A job long ago... a place far away... ..I played this
now you run those meetings! don't ya! LOL!!!!

With some minor tweaking of the words/phrases to suit an academic environment, we could beat Adam W.'s record.

Or just go here if you do not want to create your cards by hand.

for the ultimate in laziness...
drawing on my notes has always been a staple of mind numbing lectures. in a geography class i had two years ago, i had pages upon pages of swirlies i had drawn. as the semester went on, i brought colored pens to class and drew with those. in an old chem book i had, i drew a whole color-coordinated art project with some gel pens and folding the pages to make ink blot-type pics...

for the ultimate in laziness...
:LOL: it's a slippery slope, isn't it...first the pencil...then the colored pencil...I started bringing my 2B art pencils to my refresher math course. Couldn't understand a darn thing the TA was saying anyway. 8O

perfect

I'm a major doodler.... having some pretty decent talent at cartooning has led to some fairly spectacular pages of notes.... I used to have people fighting to sit next to me in my English classes during my college stint. Now I just entertain a few of the folks here at work.