I was up late last night reading, and got really spooked for no apparent reason. Kept hearing noises, didn't want to look out the window in case some beastie were to jump into my line of sight. :) I finally ran to bed and pulled the covers over my head. Everyone knows nothing can get you when your under the covers right?

Except when it feels like something is crawling on you under the covers.

We got 2 kids by hiding under the covers 8O

When dh is out of town, I do get spooked by the slighest noises. Before I go to bed I make sure all of the downstairs wondows are closed and locked.

Don't worry, achy...MCA is in Brooklyn and Mike D is in Manhattan...you only need to worry about Adrock...

I only get spooked if the dog barks for no reason. My old dog use to bark his "mean" bark at 2 or 3 in the morning. It usually was the wind or the house creaking but it would scare the c**p out of me!

I used to get that way all the time after reading Stephen King. 8O

Once I read the book about Ted Bundy, who killed all those coed's at FSU before I attended there. I had a hard time sleeping then as well. It hit too close to home. I looked at the Blue Lights/Phone emergency boxes a little differently each time I walked around campus after reading that book.

I do this to myself quite often. What you're reading creates an atmosphere. You're living in that book while you're reading it. It can make life after the book is closed a little hazy, a little surreal.

Yes, as long as those feet are covered, whatever is under the bed with an arm reaching up the side of it cannot get them.

Not if you kill it with a dutch oven. 8O

careful though...she could kill herself as well 8O 8O

I used to, all the time. Now I take medication.

I have no imagination.. problem solved

I have no imagination.. problem solved
You could always run away with the spoon. Ya dish!

Doh! Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heh heh Whacha reading'??? Were you worrying about blue-black creatures? Or body-snatcher type aliens??
No worries, Akern. As long as you're under the covers, even the monster under your bed can't get you.