Hi guys - I had some trauma to my upper lip when I was young and the left side of my lip is still quite disproportionate to the right side. I had a surgery when I was younger that tried to correct it, it improved it but you can still notice a large difference. I live in NYC (Manhattan) now and wanted to see if anyone here has had the procedure / consultation and can suggest a good plastic surgeon in the area? Please let me know.

Thanks!

Hi George,

How far along are you with your search? Did you ever get the procedure? I am also considering having this done and also live in NYC. Maybe we can trade notes

Regards!

Kato

Katonyc - Still pretty early in my search, but I've found 1 or 2 doctors that I think would be good to schedule consults with.

What about you? Have you found anyone you think will be helpful?

I have appointments with 2 doctors this Friday. The consultations are free so i will give them a shot.

I scheduled an appointment with Dr Andrew Jacono for later this month. He charges a $200 consult fee, I'll let you know my thoughts after meeting with him. Which doctors are you going to see? Did you hear good things about them from other people?

katonyc, I want to have the surgery too.

I had 1 consultation with Dr. Michael Jones. He's on Lexington Ave.

I had a consultation with Dr. Arnold Breitbart. He was ok. He takes art/drawing classes at top schools. He graduated magna cum laude from Princeton University and obtained his medical degree from NYU School of Medicine.

I have not found 1 person who has had lip reduction surgery in NYC who can recommend a doctor though. I sent a couple of messages to some users who have stated to have it done in NYC but i no reply.

Are you planning on getting both lips or one done?

Yellow411 wrote:

Katonyc wrote:

Yellow411 wrote:

Katonyc wrote:

Hi George,

Regards!

Kato

Katonyc,

Dr. Jones quoted me $5000 for both.
I really want to keep in contact with someone who is truly serious about getting this done.

I need to get both reduced. I was quoted 2900.

The same exact thing happened to me when I was younger, fell on my face and my front teeth busted my upper lip and it healed terribly.  I want to get this corrected as well and I'm on the hunt for a Doctor.  I'm also in NY metro area (NJ)
What is the price range for this surgery?

Price can be 2500 to 5000 in nyc