Coach's thread got me thinking. How would you resign from your job if you didn't have to worry about burning any bridges or needed a referral at some future time?

Give a heartfelt goodbye to the majority of cow-orkers and give the finger to the rest of 'em.....

i would love to walk into someone's office with a boatload of "to do" stuff in my arms, piled high, slam it down on their desk and just say

I. F'ING. QUIT.

seeeeeeeeeeeeeeya.

:wavey:

WOW!!! You guys really hate your boss/job. I can't think of any I would like to have done that to. I did have a company commander in the army who hated me though. He was a 1st looie who was rumored to have been 6 or 7 years enlisted previously. Didn't seem like it to me. Previous enlisted usually were the best but he was a real jerk. When I was assigned to his company his Top immediately disliked me so he did too as he thought the sun rose and set over his Top's desk. I later found out from the supply Sgt. that was because the Top had flunked out of instructor training and I was an instructor from the 2nd highest MOS the army had. He tried to send me to company clerk school which would have changed my MOS to a lower one. I refused because I knew better and I guess he didn't so that pissed him off. Then my P2 pro pay orders came through from the radio repair school which he tried to get rescinded and couldn't. He came out of his office with a dirty mess tray and said "XXXX take this back to the mess hall". I replied "Is that an order sir? and he went stomping back into his office. Then a couple guys from the FBI stopped in to speak to me which put a gleam in his eye. We went into his office and they kicked him out so when they left he asked me what that was about. "I can't tell you sir" was the answer that pissed him off even more. Some of the instructors I had worked with were getting jobs that required higher clearances so they were interviewing people who had worked with them. Then came the time they were getting inspected and didn't know what to do with the stuff the company had that they were not supposed to have. Nothing bad just too many blankets or sheets or pillows and gas masks. I suggested he get a deuce and a half, load it with that stuff and drive it around the post until the inspectors were gone. He was unable to get a truck for the day he wanted it so I let him stew for a couple days then offered to get one for him. He said yes only because he figured that was something else he could taunt me with when I came back empty. I drove in with a deuce and a half and relieved his problem for the inspection. That only made him hate me more. Today they say Sp4s have taken over the army. I think we were well on our way back then.

I will probably go into my immediate boss's office first to let him in on it and then write my letter of resignation and deliver it to the HR director.

Boring, but that's the way I would do it. I figger I owe Jeff that much.

Mine have always been short and to the point.

Dear Boss,

I resign effective mm/dd/yyyy

Love,

Cappy

:1: Too bad I gotta be nicey nice because of references...
'Cause there's a couple people here I'd like to give the f'ing bird to.
Maybe if I get hired at another school, before the end of this year, I still might get to, on the last day.

I would imitate an ex cow-orker.

Bring in a cake that said: GOODBYE TO ME!!

Or maybe do something original along those lines.

I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that I don't ever want to leave this job. The cow-orkers may get under my skin some days, but that's usually just because I'm being cranky.

Viking funeral, water optional.

It's been so long since I worked for anyone but myself I can't come with nothin'...
No desire to flip myself the bird, most days.

I like my boss and group, so when the time comes next year to leave, I will talk to him about it personally, then give him my official rejection letter for the records, and then tell the rest of the group at the next weekly staff meeting. They already know I plan to leave after graduation anyway so it'll be easy. In the past, depending on how well I got along with the boss, I have just done the letter and let them come to me for discussion if they wanted to. Only once did I ever just walk in at the end of the day and say, I'm done, goodbye and good riddance, and that was because I hadn't planned on ever using that place as a reference.

I would love to just not show up for a week and make them fire me and collect unemployment.

Pack a suitcase and tell the kids they're on they're own.

Resigning.is.not.an.option!

I love my job!!! :)

Dear Bossman,

Since Acme Corp. refuses to allow its employees to maximize their abilities I will no longer be employed here. Why, for the love of God, this place continues to hinder efficiency and happiness by rationing Post-it Notes, I do not know. But I do know that I will have nothing more to do with this mismanaged fascist organization as it continues to compromise its own viability with self-induced Post-it Note anemia.

Yes, transgressions and exploitations of the prior Post-it Note distribution system were prevalent and blatant at times, but that in no way justifies the current anorexic system that will surely lead to even worse company waste and destruction. So effective immediately, I resign my position as head dog-washer in protest of this Post-It note embargo.

Peace, I'm Out,

thegman

P.S. I have enclosed pictures of your naked wife. No hard feelings.

Or something to that effect.