This started last night with a discussion about Six Sigma. Then thinking about the a$$clowns at work and the other people that are sharp as a bowling ball that I have to deal with, I would let them go and find good people that are currently out of a job. Just doin' my part to help the recovery :)

If you were King for a Day, what would you do?

It's government - a frickin' bear in the woods could run it better.

I think a monkey could pick decisions out of a hat better.

I run my own department and I was told I run it well by my minions (feedback from my performance review a month back). I could run the company too, I bet, but I wouldn't want to work that hard so no thanks. But I would love to get rid of some of the dead weight here and get people who actually want a job. Plus I'd give my boss a raise, because she is seriously undervalued and underappreciated for all she does.

No, not even close. The president of our company really understands the business and is an excellent public speaker/opinion swayer. I think he hold 9 or 10 patents that are vital to the company too.

The 2nd in charge guy is sharp too.

Could I do better than our current principals?
(Since I am shared staff, I have two bosses)

Interesting question.

Elementary, no way. I would have no idea how to run an elementary school.

Secondary, tough question. I think there are parts of the job I could do better than our current principal, but there is so much c**p that comes with that job, so many things that I don't know about, or would not want to deal with, so I would say no.

I have no desire to become a school administrator.

I would definitely not want to be a Principal with the way things are right now. However, there are some things that my principal could do better. I wish he would handle the "gimme" selfish attitudes of these classroom teachers. The itinerant teachers are nearly fed up with the behavior of the classroom teachers. We bend, we rearrange schedules, we do everything we can to accomodate them, and they still whine about not having enough "contractual prep time." I'm guessing that if one of my classroom teachers says the wrong thing today, I'm going to blow.

Could you run your dept. or company better? In short, YES

No way. Our VP/GM is extremely sharp, very dedicated and very detail oriented. This guy misses nothing, understands everything and forgets nothing. I don't expect him to be around much longer - he's on his way to bigger and better things. He can be a prick at times but 99.9% of the time he's right.

Could I?.. yes

Would I?.. no, life's too short I don't need the mondo stress

The company no, as I am not an Architect or Engineer

My department, yes I think I could run it pretty well

no....somebody has to be the workerbee

Some of the upper management are really sharp, but there are aspects that I could definetly improve upon.

I work in academia. The manager at the local McDonald's could manage this place better than the current geeks.

The company, I'd say so....the higher ups sure are managing to screw things up.

My department, hell no. My boss is awesome and I'd kick anyone's ass who tried to replace him with someone else.

The planet? Yeah I could prolly do that too. ;)

But like JJ said, who needs all that stress?? I just want to be mistress of my own domain.