I am married to a man that has been on loratab for 6 years now! he gets 140 pills and they last around 20 days, he always seems out of it and in a zone but if he runs short and cannot get to the doctor he is totally diffrent very angry, has no patience for the kids or me, i have told him that i have been on the internet and it says you can become addicted to loratab and he says his doctor says he can not. they have had to raise the amount of the pill 3 times since they have started him on this he says he need them to function, he was in a car accident and hurt his back and they told him to live with it, his friends and family all know that he is addicted but when you try to talk to him about is it does not good, i have told him there are signs one being when he runs out he will steals pain pills from family members. i just do not know what to do! i need som suggestions please help anyone! thank yo

I hear you - at least you know what your husband is taking. Mine hides all his meds, (after 8 years of marriage - 2nd marriage for both of us), and says the same thing, that the doctor is prescribing them to him, and that he needs this medication to function. He calls it functional medicine - I call it addiction. I wrote a letter to his doctor, and now, the doctor wants to drop him from his care (probably because of liablity reasons since I stepped in and expressed my heartfelt concerns for my husbands health because I love him), anyway, the doctor told my husband I wrote him a letter and then my husband called me, while I was at work, irate - in a raging fit, and told me that his medical/medicine care was none of my business, and that he wanted a divorce! I told him, I don't want a divorce, I want him to get off that medication, and the Soma (which is also very addictive). That was about 2-3 weeks ago, now my husband tells me that if I want to stay married to him, I will have to keep out of his medicine business, and learn to live with it. Not sure I'm willing to do that. The hard thing is, is that I love my husband, but now, I don't trust him about all this. I consulted a counselor who specializes in marriage and addiction. He suggested that I go to a naranon meeting and just tell them that I am there to listen, and just sit there and listen, and that I will hear my story over and over from other people. I guess, this is the beginning of a long road. I also consulted an attorney who told me that I am definetly at a crossroad.

i feel this man is in denial pills will probably kill him if he does not get help the doctors dont care about some letter because hell find another doctor 5 minutes later look you just have to tell your husband look if you want help ill help ya but this is it if you dont at least try to quit using the wds checklist or by seeking real medical attention in the like of a suboxin doctor for 300 dollars then you will file for a divorce

I feel sorry for your husbands medical condition however most doctors who would prescribe loritabs are probably in it for the money well for starts at least hes not addicted to oxicantin so recovering isnt as bad as it sounds loritabs can be cured by one not taking them taxing lots of imodium sleeping pills hot baths and lots of weed in about two weeks youll be back to normal thats the cheap way or you could go to a suboxin docotr and for 300 dollars get the suboxin it dissolves under your tounge one a day he will be normal and then he can stop the sub oxing as needed. Imodium is a must lots of bannas and excercies after 3 weeks no one needs to be addicted to hydrocodone your husbands best bet is to switch to tylenol 3 and only take it at night before bed take 1.5 or 2 at night and a sleeping aid then his liver would be a lot better off. hes propbalby so dependant on the meds that the first and most common side effect are mood swings causing anger outburst and sudden tantrums like over the smallest sh*t like worse then pms. well i culd go on forever im shady j im here to help post back if got something to say and ill try to help good luck if he stays on that amount im sorry to say eventually youll be burying him god phrobid

My husband is also addicted he has been on them for 20 yrs due to a back surgery in 1989. Started off with percadan before surgery when he first got hurt and stayed on them for 2 yrs. Then he was put on Percocet for a while but he said they didn't due any good. Then he was placed on Loracet 10 mg 5 a day. His regular Dr got killed in a car accident and the other drs. in his office are refusing to see any of his patients until the patients find a new Dr. The other Drs in our town are not accepting new patients. It has been one hell of a week I know for him but I myself am on the edge from dealing with him. He had smoked weed for 30 to 35 yrs and never had a pain. Still functioned and owning his own construction company and working very hard daily It really helped him better than the loracets. Getting off from these pills is even a lot harder than I could ever imagine. Going cold turkey is not the way to go and I am really worried about it. I feel like if he did have a bag of grass it would be much smoother. I know that it sounds bad and a person shouldn't substitute one drug for another but I am afraid that he will not make it through this.
I don't feel like the Drs office should be able just to reject you when you have always been seen from this office and make you go cold turkey. I do not think it is healthy, but I know the pills aren't but they should wean a person off from them. 20 yrs is a very long time to be on them and then all of a sudden stop taking them.

I have been on Loritab since Dec 24, 2008. Not very long, but I have a herniated disc. I would like to recommend what I have been doing and that is decompression therapy. Depending on what the accident did to your back, they will have you do exercises to strengthen your core muscles at the core of your back so it will support your spine. They also do a decompression on your back, which pulls your spine apart allowing your nerves, or the soft part of your spine to reposition to its natural location. I am doing it since I have a slipped disc, which has herniated and I am taking Loritab for the pain along with IBProfin to help the inflamation. December 24, they gave me 2 5-500 tablets every 4 hours, now I am only having to take 1/2 tablet at bed time and in the morning, otherwise, I take IBProfin just for the inflamation. The decompression has helped my pain and the exercises have strengthen my core muscles. I have only done the decompression for 1 week. I sure hope that you will check into this, as I have found that it is a great alternative to surgery, and in your case having to live with the pain for the rest of your life.