What do you do when you find out your boss is:

a) the ultimate slacker

b) a liar??

I am new to the work world--is this how it is supposed to be? When I subbed in the schools, the superintendent was the worst liar I'd ever met, but I was pretty insulated from him and his lies.

Here I am directly affected. I hear him lie to customers and I hear him lie to cow-orkers and I hear him lie to our CEO. I know he lies to me and about me. He has been written up a couple of times and put on notice to be fired at least once. He straightened up in the nick of time.

He lies about everything. If there is one thing in life that will make me lose respect for someone it is lying.

His laziness is legendary.

Even though I am a temp, I am disheartened because I give 110% of myself every single day. And to see him blame me for things that I didn't do or aren't part of what I'm even supposed to be doing is very difficult. And to have him dump work on me while he does nothing is also very demoralizing--makes it hard to respect him as a boss.

Otherwise, I love my job and am good at it.

:|

Call me crazy, but for some reason your situation reminds me of someone....

Try to get out of that work situation if you can.
Document everything, especially if you are being blamed for things. You don't want to get fired one day for things the boss has down.

There are all kinds of bosses out there. I hope you get a good one soon. I've had pretty sorry examples of bosses in my work experience, more from a leadership/people skill area than lying or slacking off, and I know that's affected my ability as a boss now. I wish I had better examples to follow.

Don't follow his example!

Good luck.

Gee Aire -

I didn't know you worked where I do.

Kimba is 100% right - document everything. Even though they may try to make up their side of the story.

Do not, if you leave, go with your tail between your legs. Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

What has the Oompa Loompa Union rep had to say?

Great words to live by! :thumbsup: Bosses are like anyone else. Some suck, some not so suck. My last boss was a complete bafoon. Lie, cheat, whatever he could do to make himself look good. He got his position by climbing up the backs of others while purposely steppin' in their eyes on the way up. My current boss, however is just a fine dandy. He will bend over backwards trying to help out his peeps. A great guy to work with. Hang in there. Sounds like he will eventually get what is coming to him. At least you have a great example of what a boss shouldn't be. Don't worry. Like a bad brussel sprout eaten at the wrong time, 'this too shall pass.' :umno:

Yeah, you guys are all right. The Oompa Loompas ironically have been taken advantage of for many years. (If you read their bio.--one really does exist, just google it!) You're right. It will pass. I'm just having such a great time otherwise, it's sad he is so sucky.