Hi,I think i have cidp.In july of this year my thighs where very week and i finally couldnt walk and had extreme fatigue and tingling in toes.I started taking neurotin after being in and out of the hospital and it has stoped the hot and cold chills and dampend the nerve pain in my legs so that i can at least sleep.My legs dont work very well and are rubbery still.I had to move in w/my sister.I was diagnosed,kind of w/gbs but it looks more like cidp because of my symptoms of feeling ok 1 day like i can walk,and not much pain and then my previous symptoms of weakness and nerve pain in the back of legs and buckling while trying to walk returns.Will i be able to get back to normal,I am 45 and raced motocross until this happend and now live on the couch in N.J. I need info please

Regardless of whether your condition is cipd or Guillain-Barre Syndrome (gbs), the prognosis in either case is unpredictable and varies from one individual to another. Yes, there is a chance that you can regain most functionality, but some residual weakness and numbness are likely to persist. Even if you recover, relapse is common even after many years. I would like to see your condition improves to a point where you are able to race motorcross again, and I have the following suggestion. A TENS unit may be helpful with your neuropathy, and an electrical muscle stimulator (EMS) may help you regain muscle function. Both units are available online at very affordable prices. I have seen this work like a miracle on an elderly relative of mine who had peripheral neuropathy and was at one point confined to a wheelchair because of the pain. She can now walk unassisted as if her age had regressed by 15 or so years. If you decide to try this, please let me know of the outcome by replying to this post.

I have CIDP, was diagnosed by a wonderful neurologist 3 years ago. I am being treated with IVIG. My arms seem to have recovered completely, but my legs only partially. I guess the damage is permanent. Currently I get an infusion only every 8 weeks to see if I am in remission. It scares me to reduce the treatments because I'm afraid of more damage. You need to seek treatment since the damage is ongoing destruction.