My husband had gillian barre about 6 years ago, but thank God he has fully recovered. We have started an exercise program and our trainer wants him to take protein supplements. I know the protein level in the blood is part of the problem with Gillian Barre. Will this be an issue for him?

NO WAY!!! haha

i was told that once you have had gillians-beret syndrome ,you're never out of the woods. someone we knew had this horrible disease.she recovered.then 10 years later it came back. but i do believe taking health matters into your own hands is imperative in the prevention of a reoccurrance.

Gilliam Barre syndrome is diagnosed by a hi level of protein in the spinal fluid, and is caused when the body starts attacking nerves in the muscles.

A protein supplement is like eating a all you can eat fish dinner, its nothing drastic and should not cause a problem.

Hi

(I am 42)
I had Gilliam Barre syndrome 17 years ago just after my son was born. The only side effect I have from the syndrome is my hands shake and I still numbness on certain parts of my legs. I wonder when I get older if I am going to be able to use my hands. People comment that they can see my hands shaking but sometimes they pain. What can you do to strengthin my hands. I try very had to keep heatlthy. Is there anything I should be taking to improve this

Thanks
R

25 years back now i am 50 i got gbs. I was in India at that time . I dint know what is Gillian barr at that time. I got treatment . My doctor told i will be paralysed but nothing happened except not healthy after that. I couldnot run fast or doing heavy work. Still same. After the marriage i never got children. But doctors saying it is not the reason.

I have leg muscle pain all the time and fatigue too Easliy i will be tired.

If anybody knows more about this, pls. pass the information
thanks

I have successfully treated myself with peroxide, colloidal silver, and B 3 for tumors twice in my life after having two tumors removed surgically, and over a period of nine years returned twice. The third time I decided to treat myself. That has been 8 years ago and no sign they have returned.

I have treated trembling hands several times with pantothentic acid. This, of course, is no guarantee that your trembling hands have the same cause as mine or that the same remedy will work. I would try the pa 3 times daily, 500 mlg each dose.

Please if you could, give some info. on how he recovered. Did he take something? Thank you!

GBS so called simply because there is no real definitive cause or exact pathogen known to cause the condition. The condition often comes after an infection (any kind of infection). The best treatment is often what not to do, rather than what to do. There is nothing like a good diet. But after or during infection, it is often good to avoid sugar and white flour. And remember that infections may spread with the consumption of sugar since many types of bacterial cultures are observed to increase when sugar is added to a bacterial culture in a lab. Since numbness often accompanies GBS I would take 1500 mlg of pantothentic acid daily and also pomegranate to increase circulation of peripheral capillaries.

hi my name is marie i had gbs in 2011 was paralised and needles and pins all over my body. it was very painfull and my bp was sky high. i recovered but my feet still feels a little numb.

i still fear the day that it returns i know its stupid but it scares me. my baby girl is 4 years now and i want to know what can i do to live more healthier to avoid this comming back. i also feel tired most days and have no energy.

any advice can do please

thanx

Hi Maria my name is Michael 55 yrs old I had gbs in July 2015 it was the worse pain I every had in my life was at of work 9months hands and feet always had that feeling still now in then back to work a little over a year I use to be able to work 12 hours a day ride my bike 14 miles a day I also have no energy at all after 2yrs I keeping praying to feel better but it stays the same no better if you every find something that works to make you have more energy please forward the info to ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** I take 400 mg gapatine 4x a day and aim fighting to find my self friends and family tell me I am getting older I don't buy it 2yrs ago I was just as old I have to force my self just to do what I have to I was the kind of guy that couldn't relax always looking to relax now please if you know any other places to get answer let me know but fro the day I 1st got gbs I came a long way but still not a 100 %maybe 65% would love to chat good luck to best regards michael

So you used colloidal silver to treat
Guillain-Barré Syndrome. I'm going through the same thing and I use it all the time but very little what did you do exactly?

I had GBS 9 years ago, I have recovered well and I do a lot of exercise (kickboxing 3 days a week). I still have balance issues on my left side of my body and have trouble in surgeries because of my low blood pressure. For the most part I feel good but when ever I go see the doctors they all tend to say that there are no long term symptoms of GBS after you regain movement. That is not true and sometimes it is a bit disheartening to know that most doctors do not know a lot about this disease. Until last year my immune system was very weak but after I enrolled in kickboxing my immune system has really improved. I think the solution to keeping healthy after GBS eat healthy and do a lot of exercise.