Guillain Barre Syndrome with Memory Loss long term and short term at times. My husband Chris went misdiagnosed for a month his sympthoms started differently. He had a nasty ear infection which we believe started this hot mess. July 30,2012 he woke up with slurring speech and memory loss long term. Took him to the er and they claim its all in his head, but with my gut feeling and my heart I knew that wasn't the case, then in August he started feeling numbness, tingling, and had a hard time walking. He was parlyze waist down.  Took him back to the ER and they still claim Aphasia which I didn't believe it.  They sent him home with a wheel chair and walker. A friend of my in laws did some research for us and told us to when we go into see the neurologist have them check for GBS, we did and he denied. I told the darn doctor it isn't in his head like you all are saying, at this time I was watching my husband dying in front of my eyes, I begged him one more doctor. I took all the records to this neurologist and he told him he had GBS August 30, 2012 he was diagnosed with GBS.  He went in for treatment in the hospital, he had a relapse in May 17, 2013 (which this new neurologist said there is no such thing of relapsing) what ever my husband did you can get all the medical records from the hospital).  The reason why we let the  other neurlogist go cause he didn't see that my husband would make no improvements. My husband Chris has of this day can walk short distance, still gets tired quickly, he sweats alot, he still has the chronic pain back to his feet, he still requires either the wheel chair or the walker for long distance, he has a morphine pump inside of him. He did have a supra cathered placed in 2013 but it was removed June 2014. But still the memory long term is gone still, the short term it comes a goes, the hardest part is when he doesn't know him nor me. The new neurologist states GBS is not involved which I no different. Cause that was the two that went slurring speech and memory loss. I am looking to see if anyone has had any problems with memory loss affect them. Every now and then he has sever headaches too Thank you

My son has had GBS since January 2, 2016 and as of today still suffers with short and long term memory.

I had GBS and I struggle with memory issues and it feels like you’re going crazy. I can’t remember PIN numbers, phone numbers, addresses, dates, conversations completely etc. Things everyone takes for granted remembering. I was misdiagnosed October of last year but went home got no better, worse in fact, returned about 2 weeks later, I think, and was correctly diagnosed by a doctor that had seen the same thing in another patient who had been in some weeks earlier.

I had it when I was 12/13 yes mam I believe every word you are saying

I suffered from GBS back in 1985. A week of paralysis and testing, finally a spinal tap to officially diagnos GBS. Suffered from unexplained "floating pains" for years: feet, legs, lower back. Then the memory loss started about 10 years later. Mild at first, couldn't remember high school mates, or childhood events that my brothers could in vivid detail. Now, 30+ years out my memories are a mess. Yes, I am 50+, but things I should remember seem gone. No symptoms of any other problems to date.

I have had issues with recall of both Short and Long Term. It aggravates me that I will be talking and then I have to pause to try to remember the person,place , or thing I wanted to talk about. To me I feel like everything is on the tip of my tongue but just can't get it out. I had an amazing memory and recall and now I feel like I can't remember anything. It is very frustrating. As I do all sorts of brain exercises which I do very well but in the real world with real memories not so much.

I have a job that requires me to have a excellent memory and I feel like I will make a mistake because of it so I have to have another provider review my work which exacerbates my aggravation and makes me feel worse about myself.