Good morning, we just take each day one day at a time. This illness there is no cure for it, it is what it is. There has not been no changes. Other then me filing two complaints against two doctors who one didn't know how to put a supra pubic cathered in and then had to celebrate our wedding anniversary back in the hospital cause the PA doctor screwed up. The other doctor who was a urologist specialist was very rough with my husband who you don't treat your patients like trash, that's how I took how he was speaking with my husband and I.  I will be following up on that complaint here as well. This doctor asked me if I knew what Guillain barre syndrome is I flat told him it was me who brought this illness to a neurologist attention that was what my husband had and still he was misdiagnsed for a month. I believe all doctor's needs to go back to school and educate them on their bed side manners and all the diseases that are out there. I told that doctor please do not talk or speak to me that way, I have educated myself on GBS for the year in half ( July 2 yrs). Then he has the guts to  ask me about the supra pubic cathered I told him I have educated myself through the interent he then laughs and says the internet doesn't know everything I flat told him it knows more then you and you darn doctors. I have so much anger at doctors these days, where are the good docotos at.

I am so sorry to hear about yours and your husbands experience/s, they sound awful.  Advocating for health is all too familar to myself as I am in the process at the process at the age of 39 with heart problems and already been there and done that with my Celiac disease process and what a process!

The internet CAN be a reliable source and I have had VERY good doctors tell me so and that they were happy to hear that I had been looking up the condition and the procedures BEFORE my appointments.  It makes you knowledgable about certain things.  It sounds like to me that the doctor is scared that you know more than he right now and certainly right he SHOULD be scared before the medical advisory board - more people should report bad doctors. 

I hope you and your husband continue to get treatment and get well in the area that you have finally got a diagnosis in and that he can get the heck out of the hospital.  I wish you all well and keep your spirits up.

Peace

Chris ( my husband) after the urologist shoved the cathered into him and was very rough my husband was sent home. We went to have lunch that day on our wedding anniversary. He is in no more pain in that area since the cathered was placed in right. But with Guillain barre syndrome it is what it is. If you ever read JOB in the Bible that is how I feel. Any way we just take each day one day at a time, stress can do a number to the caregiver's body as well as I have some health issues going on but it doesn't stop me from helping what I can with my husband. The internet does help cause there is a support group for GBS which has gone through it and other things. I have dealt with the internet for a lot of times. Thank you. Hope you have a wonderful day.