Our 14 year old son has had absence seizures for 3 years. We've tried lots of different meds and natural therapies, but the seizures continue. He has had a body temperature of 97.4 since childhood and no one has ever addressed a thyroid condition. Can a chronic low temp. signal a low thyroid condition? Can low thyroid cause seizures?

Thanks!
Brently

My newborn is 4 weeks old and may have hypothyroidism. I believe he may also have absence seizures and wondered if the two could be related?

Hypothyroidism is condition which is usually means that your thyroid gland doesn't produce enough of certain very important hormones. This condition is common for women who are over 50 but it isn’t that uncommon for young children as well. This condition usually makes a mess with normal chemical reactions in your body but it can be easily treated with synthetic thyroid hormone once the proper dose is established.

It is best to consult your doctor about all this. It is best to do the certain tests to get the diagnosis, this usually includes blood tests. treatment of this condition can be taking one pill during the day but since in question are small children I am not so sure that this can be applied in your case.