Hi, I have been overweight all my life. I have tried all types of diets but nothing helped. Two months ago I went to see a doctor about my problem. He diagnosed me with hypothyroidism. I was relieved because I finally found out the cause of my problem, but at the same time I was also worried about other consequences of hypothyroidism. A friend of mine had thyroid eye disease and had problem with eye vision. I am very worried that this could happen to me.

Hi, hypothyroidism and thyroid eye disease are two different conditions. Thyroid eye disease is an autoimmune illness. The eye vision problems are not related with reduced concentration of thyroid gland hormones. This means that these two conditions are not related in any way. Hypothyroidism is a serious illness that can cause frequent muscle spasms, hair loss, memory loss and other conditions that don't include damage to your eye vision. You have to take your medicine that the doctor prescribed you. Don't worry about your eye sight. Hypothyroidism will not affect it in any way.

well tiffani, if it's not hypothyroidism. Could it be hyperthyroidism? Because I saw a few sites that said things about eye loss