Hello! There is a history of hypothyroidism in my family, and I know that this disease is heredity, so I wanted to know what are visible symptoms, so that I can keep a track. Thx in advance!!!

Hi there! I know only symptoms for underactive thyroid as I have that one. They are weight gain, puffy face, loss or thinning of eyebrows, low sex drive, depression, cold hands or feet, dry or thinning hair, pain in the joint or muscle, thickening of the skin, thin and brittle fingernails. There you go, I hope this helps you keep a track!!! Good luck!!!

Symptoms of hypothyroidism are various and they can range from mild ones to the severe ones. They include anxiety, irritability, irregular menstrual cycle, loss of weight even if you are eating normal and trying to keep healthy nutrition. Fatigue is also one of the symptoms and it can be really inconvenient. There are few more like decreased libido and sweaty hands and also nervousness. You can inform your partner if he notice some of these signs to react immediately because maybe you will think it is just your PMS but believe me that they know better how are we behaving when everything is normal and how when something is going on.

Also, you can do regular checkups and keep track of your condition.