HI, I am hypothyroid an got pregnant month ago. Will hypothyroidism make my pregnancy harder, or more dangerous?

I had two pregnancies and I am hypothyroid. Many women say that their symptoms of hypothyroidism were less expressed while being pregnant. So you can actually benefit from pregnancy, as most people I've talked to who have autoimmune hypothyroidism felt better while pregnant. Of course, I had the typical tiredness most pregnant women have, but it wasn’t like the bone-numbing fatigue and brain fog as seen in untreated hypothyroidism. The level of thyroid got to normal fast, after several fluctuations and dosage adjustments in the first trimester. My thyroid was tested every two months, and it varied no more than a few tenths of a point. It hasn’t been so stable never before.

Hello there,

As far as I know you will be feeling much better during your pregnancy and I am sure that your doctor will inform you about this. It is possible that you will need some adjustment in your medications dosage but other than that you should be feeling fine. Of course when I say fine I mean fine by affections of the thyroid during your pregnancy because no one can save you from the usual pregnancy symptoms such as tiredness, nausea and over sensitivity when watching romantic movies.

Also you will have to check with your doctor how often you will have to check up your thyroid condition during your pregnancy. And congratulations! J