I have been on the depo shot for 5 Years and I took my last shot in February and I'm wondering how long it's gonna take for me to get pregant? Also how long to get a period? I heard starting the birth control pills is a good start is that true?

divagirl wrote:

I had a baby in october of 2006 before leaving the hospital I recieved a depo shot so I wouldn't become pregnant it's been a 1yr1/2 since I've been on it now I cancelled my shot cause me and my husband wanna concieve again, my shot was due on june 16, 2008 I went to see my ob doctor on june 2,2008 letting her know I wanted to cancel my shot to get pregnant she explained that it could take up to 3-6months for my shot to leave my system and that she was gonna go head and start me on prenatal vitamines for an early start. Today we are the 16th of june and I'm having a period and still trying to get pregnant from here on out me and my husband will try to concieve, about taking birth control never heard of it maybe you should try prenatal vitamines maybe that will help.