I got an abortion on September 10th, and I still have not gotten my period. I have a child also, and I have experienced none of the symptoms from either pregnancy. I have very light milky discharge, which is what normally happens right before my period, but I"m really worried that something is wrong with me because I haven't gotten my period at all, not even any spotting or anything! I've only had sex a few times since dthe abortion, and I used a condom each time. Please help! Could I be pregnant? Could this be an infection?
Also, I only have one ovary. But I did have regular periods after my ovary was removed. [/list]

Hi Maj! As long as you know that the condom was used correctly I doubt very much you are pregnant! So since you have only 1 ovary you would be ovulating every other month correct? So since you have had a white discharge, this shows me that you are ovulating, and should be getting your period within 2 weeks after ovulating! Depending of course when you would be due! Keeping in mind that when your uterus or ovaries has gone through a "trauma" such as an abortion, a miscarriage, a birth, an operation etc. It can be in "shock" for awhile, and it takes the entire system time to get back into sync! It will be OK soon! Do you have PCOS or endometeriosis? This can also cause wonky periods! PLUS depending on how far along you were, this can take longer for your body to recover - also the type of abortion you had (surgical or chemical) Just relax honey and it will come on soon - your body has alerted you already by showing signs of ovulation! Good luck and health!

Hi my names amy, i had an abortion on the 14th of january 2010 and have still not had a period, i had the sergical termination and had the contraceptive implant put in the same day. i have still not had a period since then could it be due to the implant?

Yes definitely! Implants are VERY well known for stopping or lessening periods! So thus you not menstruating - as you are no longer ovulating! Also it depends on how far along you were? The further along you are the more you will bleed! As there is more of an embryo/fetus and lining! So you are fine! Good luck and health!