I HAD MY ABORTION ON MARCH 14 HAVENT HAD A PERIOD YET. I HAVE BEEN FEELING NAUSEA,DIZZINESS VERY LIGHT HEADED & HAVE HAD SOME CRAVINGS ... I HAVE TAKEN 2 TEST PREGNANCY TEST BOTH WERE NEGATIVE BUT, I HAVE 2 CHILDREN & I HAVE TAKEN HOME TEST WITH BOTH OF THEM & THEY BOTH WERE NEGATIVE UNTIL I WENT TO THE DOCTOR.MY QUESTION IS DO YOU THINK I AM PREGNANT? SHOULD I GO TO THE DOCTOR NOW? OR WAIT IT OUT ANOTHER MONTH OR SO TO SEE IF I WILL START MY PERIOD.ONE MORE THING FOR ABOUT A MONTH & A HALF I HAVE FELT ALL THE SIGNS OF STARTING MY PERIOD BUT IT NEVER STARTS. BACK PAIN,BLOATING. I WEIGHED MY SELF LAST NIGHT & I WAS 147 BUT THIS MORNING I WEIGHED MYSELF & IT WAS 151 NO LIE.. WHATS GOING ON WITH ME???

Normally women can expect a period no later than 8 weeks after an abortion. I had my period about 4 weeks after my abortion, and I advise women to go and see a doc if a period does not come within 8 weeks.

Most likely if you are not pregnant your body may need a period 'jump started', many women need this, and it is not a 'serious' condition. WOMEN who have not had an abortion often miss periods too, stress can also cause the problems as well.

Definately see your doc, but this is not necessarily a sign of 'major doom"!

Carifairy, or anyone with similar experience.

On August 2, I took the first abortion pill and bled the next day just a bit. Also the next day I took the rest of the pills and started bleeding within 2 or 3 hours after taking the last pills. Two weeks passed and I took 2 different HPT from different brands and they came out negative. I just wanted to make sure that the HCG after the abortion had dissapeared. I ovulated 2 and 1/2 weeks after the abortion. I purposely check for ovulation signs and used an ovulation kit to detect ovulation, and had sex to become pregnant again (some women might critize me for this and I understand their reasoning for it but I only know the reason why I'm doing this). Two days before my period was due I did a very sensitive HTP (20 muI) and it came out negative. So with this last HTP I was more than sured that all the HCG from the pregnancy had dissapeared. A day after I missed my period I did this sensitive test again (20muI) amd it was positive. I did one every other day after that and they were all positive. Then I bought a home pregnancy test at the store (CVS Early Preg Test) and it came out positive. That's when I realized I was now spotting somewhat fresh dark red blood and dry red blood. About 2 inches long and 1/2 inch wide. The spotting has been going on and off for 32 hrs now. I went to a clinic where they offer free Preg Test and the TEST CAME OUT NEGATIVE. Now I don't know what is going on@ My feeling is that I'm probably miscarrying. The clinic says their test is 99% accurate but the test they give looks exactly like the HTPs. WHY THE ONES I HAVE TAKEN AT HOME ARE NEGATIVE AND THE ONE AT THE CLINIC POSITIVE (I also think the one I took at the clinic was done with very diluted urine since I drank water and juice before the test. The ones I did at home were the first morning urine. NOW I'M CONFUSED BECAUSE IF THIS IS NOT A PREGNANCY, WHY DON'T A GET MY PERIOD. Its been a 3 weeks since I ovulated. This spotting I have is not a period at all. The clinic told me it was probably my period or left over bood from the abortion. But I bleed for ten days after the abortion and all bleeding had stopped. A period is a hundred times more blood than this spotting I'm experiencing. By the way I have no cramps, no pain with the spotting. CAN i be miscarrying? WHAT ARE YOUR TOUGHTS OR EXPERIENCES?

Carifairy wrote:

GO TO THE DOCTORS!

You may have PCOS (Polycystic Ovarie Syndrome)!

I had an abortion (of which i really regret) in October 2006, straight after i had that i had the injection as a contraceptive. I then decided to stop havin that and try again for a baby, which has proven very hard as i have no period since the abortion.
I went to the doctors over the past 2 years so they could find out what's the matter with me but they kept bumming me off as im only 19 years old despite being with my partner for four years.
It's only recently they've started doin something about it when they realised wat a state i was in about it.
I went for an ultrasound and they found i had this PCOS, and they told me i wouldnt concieve without help, which has left me in turmoil, cos i now have been referred to a fertility clinic and lets put it this way its a very long procedure

hi everyone i am very ashame to say so but i had my abortion somewhere in november 2011 and since then i haven gotten my perod and we are in january 16th 2012................ i am worried because the following week after my abortion i had sex do u tink that thier is something possible wrong....... i am scared and have my whole life ahead of me ...................... i never thought i would have done such thing please do not judge me thanks in advance for any of your anwers..............

I had one on march 13 and I haven't gotten my period yet either. I haven't taken a test yet because I was nervous. But it suuuuucks waiting.

I took the abortion pill a month ago.. Went to the doctor for my two weeks check up and got an ultrsound i wasnt pregnant.. But im still feel nausea, weak and light headed.. What could be wrong?

Why are you on this forum, who are you to judge others you dont know what their situations are. Maybe if some of these "men" acted more like MEN some of these women wouldnt need to have an abortion. The process of getting pregnant involves TWO people, the man is just as responsible.

ok please dont jusde im just scared and want answers i had a pill abortion a month ago i bled for a week maybe two then turned to spotting wich lasted almost 2 weeks then stopped after i stopped bleeding my bf and i had sex he didnt cum inside me and i know for a fact and a few days ago i started spotting again and breasts are a little sore idk if they have been or not the whole time i dont know if i could be pregnant again....please help

I had my miscarrage, coz of which I have to undergo abortion. After abortion i had my first period after 1.5 mnths. bt after that Its been 2+ mnths, i not hv my periods. Consulted my doc, she gave me medicine to increase the hormonal activity. 
My question how long does it take to hv periods after having medicine for this...

Jasmin, please! There are far too many children waiting to be adopted already. You are aware that the world is over-populated, right? Do you think it's really productive to make people feel badly about a decision that was clearly the right thing to do for them? Fetuses die all the time. Should we mourn for each and every one of them, or would you prefer more babies on welfare? Personally, I'm sick of the fact that the children we already have in the world are so very poorly educated, because our tax money is going to pay for wars and welfare babies, instead of education.

Please refrain from making negative comments about a situation that for many is already a difficult one to make. You are only enforcing your opinion on others in a truly harmful way. Enough.

are you gunna raise every lonley baby that cant be taken care of? are you gunna work around the clock and raise every child that you want to "save"? how dare you make this woman feel bad! children are a gift of course, but if you would ultimatly destroy that gift by being unable to care for it properly how is that better? would you rather a child lives being forced through a system that is proven to produce killers, rapists and worse? get over your self and if you are only going to make this woman feel worse why bother anyone with that garbage?!

i got my periods 5 months after abortion. hormones can be really messed up after abortion so its normal to not have perios for many months.

Hi everyone,

I was very worried when my period did not come for a few month so I searched everywhere for information.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I chose to believe it was stress, because even before my abortion sometimes I would skip periods when I was very stressed. Turned out to be true: as soon as my life got back to normal so did my period.

Hi everyone I need help I have abdominal pains but no periods I have also done lots of test here and there there have given me a period starter but nothing each month I am in pain so much pain and I dont know what to do about it but no periods at all