I had a medical abortion a week ago and I still haven't bled! I've had some cramping but that's it. I'm wondering if it hasn't worked. Anyone else experience this?

Hi there

Here is some info for you -

Every woman and every pregnancy is different. Bleeding after an abortion also varies; some women have no bleeding at all after an abortion (common with small pregnancies), while some may bleed immediately and for 3-4 weeks, and rarely, more.

Intermittent bleeding (bleeding on and off), blood clots, pinkish tissue, and clear or brownish discharge are normal.

Cramping after an abortion is normal. The uterus was enlarged and is returning to its normal size. Cramping can occur off and on for two to three weeks after the procedure, and may be worse than period cramps. Many women complain of increasing cramps on the third or fourth day after the abortion and when they pass clots. Some women do not have cramps. Some have a feeling of pressure in their lower abdomen or pain in their lower back or inner thighs. This is normal.

Good luck

Thanks for the reply, was very helpful