I have never posted before, but can't find an answer to my question by searching the web...so I thought someone might be able to help me out! I went off the pill about a month and half ago, my husband and I are hoping to start a family soon. I took a few ovulation tests and the last one detected my surge and I felt myself ovulate a day later. However, I haven't gotten my period yet and it's been about 35 days since my last period, I know I am not pregnant....so what's going on??? I am pretty sure you should get your period about 14 days after you ovulate.
Thanks for your help!

Hey I think that anytime you mess with birth control pills you mess with your cycle. I would just ask your doctor about it see if you've been stressing out lately too.

I came off the pill in July since my husband and I wanted to start trying. Long story short - no period since then - so its been 5 months with no periods. I do, however, have symptoms of ovulating and am pretty sure I ovulate every month. To be sure, a few weeks ago I felt I was ovulating - tested it and it came out positive. Its been 3 weeks and still no period. No article offers any help for us having this problem. My Dr. dismisses it as no problem and her solution is Clomid. She tested me for PCOS and every other condition possible and I am a perfectly healthy 26 year old woman. They say, no period means you didnt ovulate and there is no other answer - but how could this be if I AM ovulating? My husband and I havent started trying yet until my body goes back to normal. I am just looking to talk to others like me! I know I can probably take Clomid and or other fertility drugs but why cant my problem be explained?!

Hi, just wondering do any of you have any more info on this or any update since you last posted. Am off the pill a year, got periods since then kind of regularly. They were long ones ranging from 32 days to 50 days. But the latest one has been 53 days.....

Dis u find any answer? I have the same issue....

Ok so I don't ovulate regularly and me and my husband are trying. My doctor put me on Clomid but it says I can't take it till my period begins. Well its been almost 3 months and no period. I have never gone this long and I know I'm not pregnant. My question is can I still ovulate even if I have no period?

You can ovulate if you don't have a period but if you've gone that long without a period, you need to see a doctor. I don't know why you have been unable to menstruate since then but I say that you should definitely see a doctor. Let me know!

.

i have the same problem, it all started last month i though i started my period but i ws actually ovulating, and nowtios month the same thing

S

So I'm a bit confused--have you skipped your period twice now? What is actually happening? Can you let me know?

Hello...i'm pregnant! :-D
The thing is though that i don't know how far along i am.
My last bc pill was 30th August
I got a period on September 5th and another on October 7th.
Pregnancy test came back positive on November 11th.
November 12th did u/s- no gestational sac visible
Beta Hcg levels on 17th- 1924 mlU/ml.

Don't know how far along i am...please help
N.B- i have another u/s appointment for 23rd November

I haven't had my period for over 6 months now since I went off the pill. My dr. Also said she's not concerned. But I kinda am.... And my husband and I want to start a family. I'm not sure if I'm ovulating but I think I am. How do I know? I wish my dr. Would have a solution for me.

I have had the same problem. I went off the pill in March and haven't had my period since. I've been on 4 rounds of provera and the last two rounds my doctor added on hormone pills as well. Each month no period. My husband and I are trying to get pregnant so my doctor now wants to put me on clomid. Each month I have the symptoms of ovulating but no bleed. I'm not sure what is going on, and I'm not sure whether clomid is the answer if I have no period.

I have the same problem..i am 32 and have not had a period in 8 yrs, but i still ovulate every month my obgyn fertility specialist says its because i have no eggs...go figure.

Hi- I am having the same problem! I was on birth control, didn't get my period for 2 months, so my doctor put me on a low birth control for 2 months, then I havn't had period for 4 months now. I went to the gynecologist, and I'm not pregnant, but I'm ovulating. So you CAN ovulate without getting your period. My question is, can you still get pregnant after ovulating when you havn't had your period in 4 months?