For the last year or so my periods are very very irregular. It all started when I had to take Plan B twice in one year. From then on it's been every few months or every other month or something weird like that. My last period was in February and before that it was October.

I am sexually active and have engaged in protected sexual activity all during this 10 month lapse in period. I thought it was due to stress as I've been in financial trouble and have had family problems. But it just doesn't make sense.

I've been having pms symptoms for months on end. This week I started wanting some unusual foods which sometimes happens to me right before a period. But I could be wrong. I've also had a large amount of clearish light brown discharge for about a month.

I normally masturbate a few times daily, sometimes skipping a day here and there. But last night after masturbation I went to the bathroom and found an amount of blood that made me think that I was going to get my period. But then after returning to the bathroom later that night there was no blood and has only been a pink discharge ever since. It was a rather alarming amount of blood with dark red tissues in it resembling period blood. What is wrong with me?

Hi Janie! First of all how old are you? Also have you had a pelvic ultrasound? I think you might have PCOS - Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome! And when you have sexual activity your sex hormone increases and can release older lining of the uterus! Just like when you are about to have a period! So if this happens after you masturbate or have sex, this will be why! ALSO it CAN have to do with PCOS and Endometeriosis! So if you could let me know the answers to my questions I can help you further OK?

I'm 21. I've been to my doctor and he tested for PCOS because he suspected that also. But all the tests came back normal. He just said I was simply not ovulating. I just don't know about that it really seems like something is wrong. Could I be pregnant or something? I have taken two hpts one at 3 months and then one at 6 but I haven't since then...

HMMMMMM!!!!! Could it be that you are having periods but they are so insignificant that you don't really notice it? such as "spotting" or "streaking" IF not, has your doctor talked about putting you on a hormone patch to kick start you ovulating? For him to just leave you at a young age I think is VERY unprofessionable! There IS a reason why you aren't ovulating, and having a period shows that your body is healthy! Has anyone mentioned this to you before?

Nope I haven't had any spotting or anything. Just a pink discharge for the last few days. I thought maybe it was a sign that my period was coming but nothing has happened. He didn't mention any hormone patches or anything though he did say that he could put me on birth control, which would give me a period but doesn't necessarily mean I'm ovulating? I don't know what he's talking about though and it's very unsettling to go this long without one :-/

Whoops I just realized I posted as guest. My doctor never mentioned that before. I haven't had any spotting except the pink discharge for the last few days. My doctor mentioned the pill but said while that may give me a period it doesn't mean I'm ovulating? Idk what he's talking about...

OK!!!! I don't know what planet your doctor is from but let me tell you that you CANNOT get a period IF you are not ovulating!!!! What CAN happen is called many other things, I call it Vaginal Bleeding it is caused by a rise in the hormones - similar to what you go through before a period comes on! And this can cause bleeding but it is NOT a period! Some pills can kick start your system to ovulate - thus get a period! But you have to have blood workup to find out what is going on and why you have Amenorrhea This is what you are experiencing called! Here is an EXCELLENT link

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/amenorrhea/article_em.htm

http://www.soulcysters.net/can-you-have-period-without-ovulating-240215/

I really think you need to be referred to a good OB/GYN or better yet an endrocrinologist - whom just deal with hormones! I think this is what you need! The more information you get about what you are going through the more questions you can ask - such as "I'm sorry doctor, but I know you can't get a period if you aren't ovulating!!! So tell me what this is?" ;-) 8-| XD I definitely want you to be checked out by a good doctor OK?

I think you have PCOS, and see a doctor for you to have back again your period.