I had my pill induced abortion in July, my period came back 6 weeks after my abortion which was what the doctor said to expect. Everything was going according to the norm & now it's December. My husband and I have been trying to conceive and my period was fine up until now. I am 15 days late and I took 4 pregnancy tests all say NEGATIVE. I'm worried is this related to the abortion? They told me that i can get pregnant right away and now I have all negative test results! Help!

Hello

it's true that you can get pregnant relatively quickly after the abortion, and months later abortion shouldn't have any impact on your ability to conceive. What it might have affected is your uterine tissue in which embryo needs to implant. It's more or less the same tissue that breaks down when you have period, but depending on how far your pregnancy was when you started the abortion, your uterine might need a longer time to heal. The general rule is that you should see your ob-gyn if it has been a year of trying to conceive without success, but you might want to do that sooner given that your period is late.

Wish you all the best, Nicole

I was about 5-6 weeks pregnant when I had the pill induced abortion. Everything seemed normal starting September till December when I was supposed to get my period like regular and now I'm late. we have been trying a lot for a baby so I don't know if I am pregnant and it's just not showing because of the low HCG levels or is the test right and I'm not pregnant. It's really hard