so i had an abortion 6 weeks ago and still havent gotten my period iv been haven unprotected sex regularly with my bf since the abortion iv could of gotten pregnant with in the pass 5 weeks we have 2 kids together and rite now i do want another child so if i am pregnant again im forsure keeping it. doctor say its not likely to get pregnant rite after an abortion and they dont want to do a pregnancy test cuz it mite be a false positive. i havent gotten any pregnancy symptoms but that vary normal to me iv never gotten any symptoms with all my pregnancy so i would never know and rite now im confused cuz im not sure how normal it is to not get yur period after an abortion 

Was it a chemical abortion or a medical one? Both are all about removing the lining, and the embryo/fetus, so more than likely you will not have enough of a lining to shed normally - plus your body might not have gotten in sync - still thinking you are pregnant! I AM VERY CONCERNED that you haven't been told to hold off with unprotected sex. Just like if you had a regular pregnancy, and birth you HAVE to wait till your hormones go back to normal and your uterus etc. So I'm concerned that you weren't given this information - your hormones might still be quite wonky! Also - as with several women I've talked to - you had an abortion for a reason (your own reason of course) so has THAT reason been sorted out in the last 6 weeks? The reason why I ask is that several women I have talked to can have TERRIBLE guilt over their decision (even though it was the best and only decision at the time) so they NEED to fill that "guilt" so to speak! I want you to REALLY understand why in the last 6 weeks, everything has changed for you! Your body will do what it needs to do to get regular, BUT look after your mind and heart and really try and understand what has transpired and what will transpire. I can't tell you if you are pregnant now or not, BUT if you don't get your period say within a week, I would advise you getting a blood test or a HPT and this should be definitive - depending on when and IF you became pregnant! 

i didnt end up getting my period i just found out that i am 8 weeks pregnant i went to the doctor and took a pregnancy test came out positive so they booked me an ultrasound and i come to find out im 8 weeks into the pregnancy so that means i gotten pregnant 2 weeks after my abortion. im pregnant agian and i will not make the same mistake again im just glad i get a second change to really make it right.

Congratulations Avah, I remember you were quite distraught over your abortion. God is smiling his blessings down on you honey, take them and use them wisely. Not many people get the chance to make it up and especially so quickly. If you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. No judgements or harsh words you'll find here just a caring friend. Good luck, sweetie!