A little history 1st

When I was 18 my period became very irregular.
It stopped altogether from age 20 - 25. I would get it maybe once a year. When I was 25 I got it regularly (like clockwork).
At 27 I gave birth to my only child a beautiful healthy baby boy.
After I gave birth I had a depo shot.
Than 3 or 4 months later went on Birth Control Pills. I was on the birthcontrol for about a year when I stopped it, hoping to become pregnant again.
Then in December 2007, was my normal period. I spotted for a day or so in June 2008, I than had a full period in November 2008, and nothing since.

I have been tested for a thyroid problem, and the results were negative. In Feb. 2006, I was diagnosed with high blood pressure. i am not currently taking any medications.

Any ideas as to what may be going on. thanks for reading my ramblings.

Hi:
FYI...You weren't rambling, you were very thorough. Are you engaged in any regular, vigorous activity? This could cause your period to disappear. Stress can do the same thing. Obesity can also cause the cessation of your period. Have you been able to find out what's going on since your post? Perhaps things have worked out and your are pregnant. I hope so. Please let me know what has happened since you made your post. I look forward to hearing from you. I wish you the best.

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately not pregnant, Still no period, and no vigorous activity. I am overweight but I don't believe I am considered obese (5'6" 170lbs) My doctor says it is stress. I have a 3 year old and have the normal "Mom going crazy" Stress but nothing major.

I have another appointment in late June, and I am going to ask to be tested for Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrom and PeriMenopause.

Ay other ideas on what I should ask to be tested for?

Hi

My Name is dawn and ive been off the deopvera shot for 3years now iam 22 Years old weighs 120 iam not over weight Nothing,
i thought i was prengant went to the doctors Nagitive, been getting cramps and pains in tummy nothing spotting here and there~
about last christmas this thing the colour of my skin came out didnt think it was anything too serious! iam not stressed nothing at all?

soo can someone Give me some answers please

I haven't had my period for almost a year, I had bleeding for months before it stopped completely, I have three young children and was a bit underweight, I have since gained weight and stopped exercising and still no period.

Hi, i'm 18, almost 19 now and i had one period in august then another in january. The doctors dont know whats wrong with me and im wondering if there are other people who may have the same problem and have more info on it. Ive talked to a few people and they all say i'm sterile but im really hoping thats not the case. I want kids some day... If you have any info on what may be the problem please let me know.

Thanks and best of wishes

Hi I was on the Depo injection when i was 20 but only had two injections i am now 23 and only had 4 periods in the last three years! I have been to the doctors and i have been tested for polycystic overies and that came back negitive i have also been tested for high levels of testostorome but they came back normal. I am now goin to a fertility clinic because they now think i am infertile i am only 23 and its a bit scary to think i may never have kids! Does anyone know what else i can do to get my periods back on track? Thanks xx

im 16 years old and i started my period when i was 13 and it only lasted about a year. it got extremely heavy in the last few! like three-pads-heavy, lol. and when it started to slow down i was like, whew! i can sleep at night. they got thinner and thinner and just stopped! D: i might have a super, SUPER, light one. every four months... im pretty fat but i as fat when i first started too! so idk why it just stopped.... nothing extremely traumatic happened a year ago so what the heck! any body have an answer for me? cuz im stumped. D: but i guess it has been pretty conveinent.... lol not worring about bleeding all over the place. xD

Hi my name is viridiana i havent had my period since a year ago for nothing am 22 it happen last year on the 23 i was do for the depo shot and i dint get it any more because i wanted to get pregnant but it never happen and now every time i have sex i bleed alittle not alot but am worry because doctors dont tell me nothing and they just say to wait to see what happens but i want some one to tell me if it has happen to them to and what can i do

I too was on the depo shot and stopped after the third or fourth shot had 1 or 2 regular periods after that but has been a year since the last one. I bleed sometimes after having sex depending on how we had sex. but doctors havent been able to tell me what it could be I thought I was the only one going through this. please let me know if you get any new information about it. oh yeah Im 24 weigh 130 lbs and dont have any kids im not trying to get pregnant right now but would like to know if would affect my chances.

I'm currently having the same problem. Weird things started happening with my period around the end of 2004. It was like a reverse cycle-3 weeks on, one week off. After a couple months of that, I had it for 3 months straight! It then went away for one month, then came back a whole month. It continued until I went on the pill. I'd had my thyroid checked, and numerous other tests. Nothing was found. I ended up getting of the pill because it had caused an extremely painful (but not harmful) cyst. That was in the spring of 2008. I haven't had my period since I got off of it. my husband and I think it is stress related, at least for me. It's good to know I'm not the only one with this problem. It's scary!

well my names melin an i have a problem well i havent had my period in like 2 years an i dont know if its healthy at all...!!! im only 17 :-( :$

My name is jessica im 19 i was on the depo shot since i was 16... i have been off the shot now since june of last year and i havent had a period since then..i want to have a baby and idk why i havent or what i should do???

I haven't gotten my period in over a year. I had an abortion last summer and the doctor said that I would spot bleed for a few days and then get back to my normal cycle. After the procedure I lost a lot of weight at once. I did spot like the doctor said I would, but then never got back to my normal cycle. As matter of fact, I never got my period at all to this day. Has this happened to anyone else? This cannot be normal...please help! thank you!

hey i was reading posts and i had a regular period like clock work from13 to 19, after that they became irregular. i went on birth control to have a period. had spotting here and there. Now i'm 23 and i havent had a period in over a year. I started growing some light facial hair at 20 and my neck looks like its dirty sometimes even though i take showers on a regular basis. I had many thoughts. Thinking i was pregnant at times but having negative results, feeling bloated...possibly my hormone levels are out of wack. i had cysts that came and went on my ovaries and i really dont know what could be wrong. I dont want to go back on birth control because i would eventually like to become pregnant at some point. I believe i have a higher level of testosterone.. possibly thats why my periods have stopped, but i am very concerned still amd i dont know whats wrong with me, i just want to be normal. anyone have any advice?