since stopping norethisterone 3 days ago i have not got my priod nor any symptoms relating to my periods starting.could i be pregnant?

i took norethisterone for a week and since taking it i have not had a period for over a month.
does anyone no what does this mean?

Your period is meant to come two to three days after you stop taking norethisterone... I took it for two weeks and I just got my period today, three days after I stopped taking it. Maybe check that you're not pregnant if that's a possibility.

So what your'e saying is that the norethisterone actually causes the period to stop? If you're not experiencing any other symtpoms of pregnancy then it doesn't make much sense but it might be a good idea to do a preganancy test just to make sure that you're okay. keep us updated on how you're doing, okay?

It's my third day after taking the tablets and I also have not had my period although I have experienced period pains. Unfortunately I have to go on to take more pills when it starts because I have suspected endometriosis and at 16 they don't want to operate on me yet. Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm worried too becuase i had period pains and a very VERY ulmost unoiticable for me bleeding...this is strange because normally i have very heavy periods

I took these tablets for 5days and like the doctor said i should have a period within 4days and I did, on my last day of the tablets i was experiencing very bad period pains. They may not be the right medication 4u so speak 2ur GP, or you may not be on the right dosage, i was taking one 4 times a day I hadnt had a period in 4years and they worked 4me :D good luck with these everyone

I had very heavy bleeding for 6 wks, took N'Stone for 20 days, stopped taking it 2.5 wks ago - still no bleed. Had 1 day heavy withdrawl bleed but nothing else (mind you after 6wks of heavy bleed... its a nice long break).... docs want to fit the M'Coil.. I've reservations if this really IS the only way to get some sort of hormone balance.. must be other options like herbal to reduce the nasty side effects. Or has the 20 days of N'Stone given me the balance needed? ... I have an update call with my GP next week to touch base will just mention the no bleed and see what they say ... some on other links haven't had one for 2yrs!..

im 16 and ive been taking norothisterone for over 2 years with required breaks but ive stopped and i havent had a period for over 2 months. ive been experiencing tender nipples and broodiness but im not pregnant for im a virgin with no boyfriend. has any one else experienced this? %-)

I have taken Norethindrone for a year and a half. Ive stopped because I want to get pregnant. Stopped 3 weeks ago and yet to have a period but am experiencing tender breasts, awful cramping, headaches, etc . Called the GYN and she said it could take several months after a such a long period of time taking the medication. How long did it take until you actually started bleeding?

i was prescribed a ten day course of norethisterone as having a miscarriage before christmas had really screwed up my hormones. i was bleeding up until 20th jan, stopped, then started bleeding again on the 22nd, by 30th of jan i had enough, i was given the norethisterone to try and sort my hormones out i assume and within 24 hours of finishing the course i have started having a pinky-red discharge. (this started this afternoon so will see what happens this time lol). wish you all the best and hope you find a solution that best suits you x

It does stop your period but be careful it does have a lot of side effects that you will not like. Mood swings, sever pelvic pain, and messes with hour sex drive, possible blood clots are another factor

I took this for 20 days, 2 pills per day, for irregular bleeding and spotting. Got period on the morning of the third day after taking the last pill. It was painful that night and large clot in the middle of the night but the pain was then gone and is just period now. It's the third day and wondering how long it will last.

I am supposed to keep taking these for ten days of every month to thin uterine lining for five more months. Don't like the synthetic hormone aspect, but felt fine while I was taking them, so the side effects are not necessarily going to happen - I felt mood swings for the first couple of days on and again the first couple of days off but other than that, it actually took away the pains and crampiness I was having. I felt pretty good! 

I'm trying to find out how long the bleeding will last??
This is my third day and it's still heavy bleeding.

I have a similar problem. i took norethisterone for 3 days only and i took my last pill three nights ago but i still haven't gotten my period. i started taking it on the day my period started but it stopped due to taking the drug. what do you think is happening. am kinda freaking out. my boyfriend came over for just a night but i dont think there is a possibility of me being pregnant since my egg was passed the fertility stage of the cycle. what do you think guys