hey, if theres anyone out there that still reads this thing, i have been on suboxone for exactly a year. i was taking just 15 mg. of hydros, 3x a day. not bad at all compared to what i've been reading. this is for pain from having back surgery at 22 yrs old and i absolutely cannot function w/o SOMETHING for pain. ibuprofen helps just a little, not enough to keep me off the couch. ANYWAYS, i was going through more meds than my dr wanted. he thought 30 pills should last for a few months. i don't know where to get pain pills at either b/c i haven't been a partier for years now. so, i read on the internet about subutex, leading to reading about suboxone for pain. i was waiting forever for a referral to this pain clinic for my back, and felt like i could die my pain was so bad. so, i called a sub dr, and lied..when he asked how many i was taking, i said, like 30 and just agreed with what he asked me about myself. i'm trying to make this as short and sweet as possible here guys, sooo,, i've been on 4-8mg for a year, and just didn't think i wanted to pay for it again, and just stopped. cold turkey. i can't believe i never thought of tapering off. but, it's been almost two weeks now, and i have been taking way more opiates than i even was on when starting suboxone. 20 mg. 4 times a day at least, and want way more than that b/c i am aching so bad, have "cold turkey skin" sneezes, creepy crawlies, and cannot sleep or eat a thing. the pain meds are not even touching the way i feel still. when whill this end?!?!?!?!?!?!

you'll make it girl just deal with even know it is so hard i am going to jailing coming off of 30mg of suboxone for 2 years im gonna die its gone sucks ..... but at lease I'll e off everything and i will go to meeting and sh*t that keeps you clean and im sick and tired and you sound the same keep your head up and get thru the withdraw

2mg ... four days

1.5mg .. three days

1mg ... three days

.5mg ... three days

skip one day

.5mg

skip two days

.5mg

skip three days NOW QUIT

This has worked for lots of others and should work for you too. Skipping days helps to allow for the long half life of suboxone. Remember when at very low doses you can always take a little sliver (.5mg) any time w/d symptoms are bad. Then you just pick up where you left off. Take your time with this. There is no hurry.

Try this it works great!!!! been on pain meds 9 years and this method works

I just wanted to say that I have been coming off of suboxone cold turkey for 5 days now and although the withdrawals are not even 10% what acute withdrawal from other opiates I have been reading about how to alleviate at least some of the w/d symptoms. Yours is definately the best advice I have seen on the subject If I were to do over again this is the way I would go!

I've read many detox "antidotes" befofe but I must say..I followed urs and its the best one I've come across. Helped me a lot..thank u

I have been taking subs for only 3 months, no more than 1 8mg. per day. I stopped taking them for 3 days, and on the third day my nerves got the best of me and I took about a half of an 8mg. I do not want to take this stuff, I only have a few left and want to stop forever, I must, I cannot afford the clinic anymore. Any advice? Do you think there is hope for me?

I m detoxing from taking 21/2 8mg a day and I'm taking clonodine , vitamins basically every vitamin u can think of . Depression meds and trazodone for sleep and I'm able to function just thought u might want to try I'm on day 9 and don't feel that bad also I exercise all I can

i relize this post was like a year ago, but ive been on 8 mg tablets of suboxone.. 1 a day, but i started taking half so 4 mg a day for the last week i was on it.. ive been off it now for almost 3 days and i feel sick in the morning but im fine otherwise. im wondering when your withdrawl symtoms started because i dont feel bad at all

I got off of suboxone 6 months ago  and had no withdrawls at all and have not had cravings for any pills at all. If you want to know how PM me

How did u get off subs

Writing this in the hopes that it may help someone down the road. I went from 65 mg of methadone, down to 32 mg in 6 months. Jumped over to 4 mgs 3 times a day. Did that for 4 weeks. Then down to 4 mgs twice a day for a week, then down to 2 mgs in the a.m and 2 in the p.m. I have now been on only 2 mgs for a week. Two days ago I took very last dose of suboxone. I am feeling ok but can't sleep very well. Not feeling sick at all yet. Hopefully I tapered long enough. It can be done. It's not comfortable at times but of course the benefit out weighs that. Hoping to be completely drug free shortly

I am on day 10 cold turkey off suboxone. I was previously on oxy fo 10 yrs due to a failed back surgery. Then suboxone for the last 5. After 15 + years I just quit. No taper down etc. Day 2-5 were filled with no sleep, restless arm/leg symptoms. Lots and lots of water, fruit. I basically either was in the bed or shower/tub. Hours upon hours of water on me seemed to help. Plus the support of wife who is a nurse and family. My children were only told that dad had the flu and I took my 2 week vacation fro m work. So far a success. Very little back discomfort, some aching muscles but no desire to every go back to any pain medicine.

I need your help please!!!