Please someone help me, or at least believe me. This is my first post, actually its the first time I've looked up people in a similar situation to me. I read other posts and am now crying, I'm not alone. I had my son 8 yrs ago. He was 3 wks old when the pain started. Arthritic pain in knees, wrists etc. I was eventually diagnosed with Sero negative arthritis, even though there's been NO INFLAMMATION, EVER. My mother has lupus. I have been pushing doctors for 8 years to look into lupus, but they tell me no. I am so tired, and in so much pain. My life has been taken from me. I now have chest pains. I don't know what to do. I'm 32 and am almost bed ridden. Please, please, someone help me.

My mom and I both have lupus. She is 42, and her lupus got worse for her after having children. She has to take naps daily, as she is very fatigued, and her joints are constantly bothering her. I am 21 and just was diagnosed with lupus when a sudden bout of colitis hospitalized me and appeared out of nowhere.

I am surprised that they haven't looked into lupus as a possibility for you, since it runs in your family at least a little. Have they ever checked your ANAs? Do you have any rashes/reddened skin on your face or chest?

I am very sorry your doctors are so dismissive. I HATE my doctors, as they dismiss every complaint and concern I have, and it is so frustrating. I just want to shake them and demand that they do this test, or that, because they wont otherwise. My neurologist cuts me off when I am speaking, and rushes me through my sentences, and HE is the one who decides when the visit is done. It's hard, and I feel your frustration, especially since you are still trying to pin point exactly what you have wrong with you.

No one knows your body like you do, and if something isn't right, we have to make the damn doctors listen to us, and give us care, if that's what it takes. Are you able to maybe find a new doctor, one who will be open to running some test that can ease your mind?

I have had pain and chronic fatigue with in a month of the birth of my last child. That was 21 years ago! Because my symptoms would come and go (months or even a few years in between) I couldn't get any doctor to take me seriously. I saw many Doctors over the years including Psychiatrists, Neurologist and Rheumatologist. All of them were speculative but were not helpful and often I felt brushed off. The symptoms have progressivly gotten worse and are now constant. I haven't been able to work in over a year, spend most of my time in bed and can only walk with the use of forearm crutches. I have recently found a new Doctor that has ordered every blood test available. I am hopeful that he will get to the bottom of this soon. I too started having chest pains, but they were from the anxiety of feeling like c**p all the time and feeling hopeless. Try this, it works for me.....find a quiet spot, sit with your arms raised over your head and relax. Breath really slow and deep in through your nose and out through your mouth at least ten times. I do this several times a day. It has really helped me allot and I rarely have any chest pains anymore. My results won't be back until May 2, 2013. Hoping for a simple problem with a simple solution. I'd be happy to share my results if you like.

My fingers are crossed for you. Hoping you have good results/something that's totally curable. Thank you for your post, I will try the exercises. Best wishes, cerysmerys.

Have you tried getting your general practitioner to refer you to a specialist in autoimmune disorders? I have R.A., and my spec. tells me that lupus is somewhat related. I'm not sure what tests they'd do for lupus; for me, they did a blood panel and checked my Rh factor, which was elevated. That and the results of other tests proved my condition, and they may have tests that can do the same for you. At times, I have been bedridden and unable to even feed myself, so I know where you're coming from. Do some searching online and find a specialist in your area, then tell your doctor you'd like a referral for a second opinion. I really hope you can get some answers! Wishing good luck for you, Telaraj