I sometimes feel as if I've been in a car accident. I am stiff, bruised, I have this rash chest pain, head feels funny, dizzy, always tired. I have been diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis because I have low back pain and neck pain plus bouts of uncontrollable diarrhea. I am taking meds and the diarrhea is under control. I think I have Lupus, but my gastro doctor never checked me for Lupus. Is this Lupus that I am having?

I was just diagnosed with systemic lupus and it has been a long battle of 3 months of unbelievable weakness. I spent whole spring in the hospital with doctor really not knowing what was going on. I only had high fever, head pain, and a seizure. My blood work was ok with a slightly elevated white count. But as the fever continued my blood work started to change. I started swelling up like a balloon and the pain in my joints, my knees wrists and fingers was horrible. I have had rashes, chest pain and other symptoms (no bruises) but I wasn’t aware that is Lupus. I am tired now and on therapy and I don’t know what is next.

I have back and forth to the Doctor for almost a year. My symptoms are unusual tiredness joint pain not able to concentrate and forgetfulness. I am now experiencing rashes and pain in my chest and left side and now my upper back. No one can figure out what is wrong with me. I have had blood taken x-rays and even a Cat Scan with nothing to say what is wrong. On one occasion the Emergency room Doctor told me my symptoms fit Lyme Disease and Lupus. My Doctor tested me for Lyme but the results were negative on four different tests. They have not tested me for Lupus, the only thing they are saying is we have no idea what is wrong if you have any new symptoms please call us and let us know. I really would like to know what is going on with me and how to get over it. I do not know where to go from here.