Hi guys. My friend Andy was diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillation. It was very weird to all of us because he didn’t show any signs that he has some pain or that he is not healthy. That was our main concern. He told me about this and he went to other doctors, just to see what their opinions are.

It was the same and the diagnosis remain the same. Now he is having unrelated chest pains.

I want to help him and I really want to know what are his next steps because I believe that this case is a little bit different.

Thank you!

Hey there. I am really sorry about your friend :/ I need to tell you that I am really surprised because she didn’t feel any symptoms because with this disease your heart beats like crazy. It is very similar to arrhythmia and it produces irregular heart beats.

The usual symptom is that she is having an actual chest pains. That is just one of the symptoms.

The next steps should be focused on the atrial fibrillation treatment because this disease can be very dangerous.

Did her doctor told her anything else about this?

That is very important because there is always a risk of a heart attack.

Hey there. I am diagnosed with atrial fibrillation as well. I don’t have any uncomfortable feeling but I am taking a real good care of myself. In my case it was not that easy to diagnose it because doctors needed to review all signs and symptoms that I had. Also, they needed to review my medical history, they send me to bunch of physical examinations. I did a bunch of tests as well.
Can you explain what this pain looks like and how this pain is unrelated? Maybe you will need to do some x – ray images because it can help your doctor to see condition of your lungs and your heart at the same time.

Hey.

I’m familiar with atrial fibrillation. I never had it nor did any of my family members even though some of us had and some still have heart problems.

Atrial Fibrillation is one of the most common forms of arrhythmia. There is no need to panic immediately when one gets diagnosed with it. Most people who have it live quite normal and active lives.

It’s very important for some lifestyle changes to be made and this can be treated with medicines, medical procedures etc.

As for the chest pain, it is a very common symptom of Atrial Fibrillation so I guess that is what is causing it.

Hey. Well I have some new information about her condition. She is feeling fine but when she sneezes or something like that she is feeling some strong, still unrelated chest pains. She believes that this is the cause but I don’t think so. I think that there is no reason that when she sneezes, she has a chest pain caused by arrhythmia. If you can understand what I am saying.

I see that this is very common cause but I am a little bit worried.

Her doctor prescribed some medications to her and she is using them now.

Do you know why she is in pain when she sneezes?

I can’t understand why are you so sure that this pain is unrelated to her condition, especially when you know that that is one of its main symptoms.

It is a bit confusing that it happens when she sneezes. It can be that a small fracture in the sternum area is causing this. Ask her if she has maybe experienced some hit or injury in that area. Maybe she doesn’t remember it.

It can also be caused by weakness in the muscles around the sternum. Maybe an intense workout or something caused this.

And there can also be an inflammation where the ribs meet the sternum.

I heard of that problem before, when someone has problems with sneezing. I had a friend who had a chest pain when sneezing and there was also this woman who worked with my mother. She had a different problem but the same symptom- pain when sneezing and coughing although her pain was in her abdomen.

So it can really be something not related to atrial fibrillation.

This woman was pregnant so the doctor told her that it’s nothing serious, actually quite common. And my friend was diagnosed with pleuritis. That is an inflammation or an irritation of the chest caused by bacterial infection.

Hello everyone. I am a little bit confused when it comes to this problem. I don’t know why she is having that pain, does she have any symptoms. I know that pain with this diagnose can occur very often but I don’t know why she is having unrelated chest pain. Look, that lady needs to go to visit her doctor as soon as possible again and ask him to prescribe some medications to her. She has pain in chest when she sneeze because that is normal in this condition. That is definitely something that she doesn’t need to be worried about.