i have been increseingly noticeing that my cheeks get a surge of blood almost out of left feild. i was tested for lupus and some other conditions with that symptom, but all is negitive. somtimes i also feel as if my heart is pumping harder to circulate my blood, even while resting, any ideas?

When I first began experiencing symptoms of Lupus I went to the doctor for help. I ended up bothering a multitude of doctors and taking a huge amount of tests. Many came back negative- but some came back negative but sketchy. Sometimes, the test says negative one year, but a year later, with more symptoms popping up, they run it again and it is positive (which is what they did in my case.)

If you are pretty sure it is Lupus, keep running basic tests every few months or so if problems worsen or persist. That's what I did, and glad of it. It took nearly a year and a half from the time I started looking for answers to finally figure out the cause. Sometimes, sadly, you just have to wait to know for sure what the problem may be. If there is a history in your family of Lupus, it is very likely. Don't give up searching for answers though! I nearly did because of the frustration of not knowing, and everyone acting like it was all in my head all the time. Only you know how you feel- don't let anyone else tell you otherwise! Hope that helps.

thanks for the info. i have been "treated" for rosacea for a long time (at last 10 years). it is now that my gyn/obs suggested i see a rheumaologist due to a consistent yeast infection of about a year (tests ad biopsy came back with "only" yeast infection!!) and my facial buttergly rash! i will see the specialist next week but realy interested in finding out what's going on with me. my eyes are dry, i am usually tired, my knees and now my jaw are always clicking, etc. it seems like i am showing many symptoms.... i know at least 4 friens who aparently have rosace and none of their faces look like mine!! :-(

I know this post is quite old, but did you ever find out why you kept getting a butterfly rash? I am going through the same thing right now and it's very frustrating! I have the butterfly rash, stiff joints, extreme fatigue and sometimes severe headaches. I did an ANA test a metabolic panel test, a thyroid test and an allergy test and all came back fine...the only thing abnormal was a trace of blood in my urine, eventhough I was not on my menses. This rash is terrible! I'm in sales and in front of clients everyday and becoming very selfconsious about this rash. I have now had it of and on for 3 years....got treated for rosecea with metrogel and also doxcyl for contact dermatitis and nothing has helped! Ugh!

I, too, have experienced this rash on face, back of arms & upper legs and across my knuckles. It came at the end of a week of high fevers followed by week of severe headaches at night. But had a ton of symptoms, some of which you described. I was treated 10 months on antibiotics because symptoms were like lyme and CD 57 was on low/normal side. My last hope is GI specialist. I had acut 2 month attack where my gut swelled up and I couldn't eat. If it turns out to by GI, I will let you know. A Rheumatologist at Dartmouth Medical Center do an eliminating diet and YOGA, but within a month I could not tolerate anything. I have burning eyes and inside I burn at times and lots of yeast issues as well. You would think if they could send someone to moon, they should be able to figure out this stuff. A lab in CA recommended more T cell studies and that it was a lymphoproliferative disorder which means it could be anything.

One thing I do know, is that doctors don't seem to share and look for another doctor or answer. They just move you along to another specialist. It is very frustrating. When my two children were on life support, medicine was more sharing. My primary would search out doctors and hospitals that could find the answer. And I live in Boston area. Go figure.