I have all the symptoms of Lupus, but my blood test came back negative. How likely is it that I actually have Lupus but it's not showing up on the blood test(the dr said it was possible)? Are there other ways to diagnose Lupus?

Hi, I'm so sorry to hear about your symptoms. Did you get an ANA blood test done?  8 years ago I had severe joint pain and fatigue which followed some serious stress in my life, so my ANA was checked and came back positive and the doctor said that I had Lupus. He said that some people have a positive ANA and DO NOT have Lupus but if you HAVE symptoms AND a positive ANA means you do have Lupus.  I didn't believe him, trusted my insticts and never stopped looking for another answer.  Even though I had ALL the symptoms and several doctors telling me I was in denial I NEVER believed I had the disease. I even had stage 3 kidney disease at one point.  I was told that there's a disease that mimicks Lupus symptoms to the tee called CELIAC DISEASE which is an allergy to Gluten (Google it).  I quit all Gluten and now my kidneys are normal and my doctor FINALLY agreed that maybe I don't have Lupus. I am due to repeat the ANA test soon. You should also have your Rhematoid Factor checked (RA). Best of luck to you, I hope you don't have Lupus but always search for answers and trust your instincts. Think positive and try to rid your life of stress. Keep us posted hunny.

HELLO, I HAVE HAD SEVERE SWELLING IN KNEE AND ANKLE, WRIST AND PAINFUL URINATION. THEY COME AND GO. AT THIS TIME I CAN'T WALK WHICH BROUGHT ME TO THE DOCTORS. I EXPLANIED TO HIM THAT IT FEELS LIKE WATER IS HITTING MY SKIN BUT WHEN I GO TO WIPE IT OFF ITS NOT THERE. HE SAID THAT IT SOUNDED LIKE LUPUS OR RA. I LOOKED AT THE LAB AND I SEEN HE TESTED FOR LYME DISEASE ALSO. EVERYTHING CAME UP NEGATIVE. I READ ALL THE SYMTOMS OF EACH TEST AND I MATCH UP TO LUPUS. I PRETTY MUCH FEEL POSITIVE I HAVE IT AND A SEVERE CASE. SINCE THE TEST CAME UP NEGATIVE, HE IS NOW REFERRING ME TO THE RHEUMATOLOGIST. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFORMATION THAT WOULD BE HELPFUL, IS IT COMMON FOR THE LAB TO BE NEGATIVE? IM NOT SURE IF HE TESTED FOR ANA I JUST KNOW HE TESTED FOR LUPUS.

THANKS