I am so happy I found this site I thought I was losing my mind! I was on birth control for 12 years. Went to my gyno about going off. She said just stop so I did. Figured it was time to give my body a break and use other methods of birth control (condoms) I did amazing till I hit 7 weeks with no birth control. My body plummeted I went from normal healthy happy 29 year old girl who works and goes to the gym! Never ever had depression or anxiety....Always up beat to a complete manic insane person. I started having anxiety panic attacks depression rapid thoughts shaking heart palpitations insomnia horrible thoughts of hurting my family or killing myself! I called 911 my body was shaking so bad and my heart was crazy I couldn't breath or think straight! The ER did an EKG and X-ray told me it was a panic attack. I told them I thought maybe it was from stopping the birth control they laughed at me! Went to my doctor and he said he thought that was exactly what it was my hormones were imbalanced which caused me to go crazy because my body was in shock. Think about it you had a pill regulating all your hormones then you stop and your body doesn't have a clue what to do. A woman's hormones are the most important function of her body for everything including your brain chemicals. I have done a ton of research on all this. It's hard to find websites with this info but keep searching and you will read stuff about hormonal imbalance. I was ready to check into a mental hospital and convinced I lost my mind over night!! My situation was so bad my dr put me back on the pill and two weeks later an anti depressant for six months till my body evens out. I was not pleased about an anti depressant I am not even a person who does drugs or takes any meds besides Advil. But it has kept me functioning. It's been a month total and I still have anxiety depression panic attacks headaches and have lost ten pounds. It's getting better but slowly and I am hopeful for a complete come back :-) its sad that my own gyno didn't know what can happen going off the pill and lots of drs don't believe in hormoes causing all these issues. I 100% believe all year issues are from stopping the pill and I'm blessed to see other woman have had the same thing. To all of us and a speedy recovery!! Do not let drs tell u it's just anxiety it's so much more than that and many girls with chronic birth control use will experience this. We are a generation of woman who use birth control for years and years! I think drs need to do more research.

Hi. I know you wrote this a long time ago but I am currently going through the same Thing. However I think mine is worse. Quit the pill in July and six weeks later felt insane. Did you get better? How long did it take?