Hello. I'm 36 year old and I have some questions about my present health state and prognosis. About two months back I have noticed a strange vaginal discharge and felt some lower abdominal cramps.
I didn’t know what could be the cause of all this.
So, after a month I have contacted my GP who, doing an ultrasound, determined that I have developed some fibroids in my uterus and some several cysts on my ovaries. Just to be sure, he has scheduled me examination with some specialist in a few days and I'm just wondering what I could expect to find out more. What are my options for treatment?

Hello. I'm very sorry because of your condition and I'm just hopping that you already have some children.
I'm saying this because if it is true what your GP told you, you might expect an operation as your only effective treatment.
The operation is called hysterectomy and you will not be able to have any more kids after it. Fibroids found in uterus are covering the normal uterus glands and tissue and fertilized egg can't implant it self to uterus wall. This can cause miscarriage and excessive bleeding so, maybe the best for you is to have this operation as quick as possible.
Ovarian cysts and fibroids can even grow into a tumor so, you are aware now that quick treatment is necessary.

Hey guys. I would like to ask you if you have noticed any strange vaginal discharge during intercourse or is it something else questionable? I am glad that you have already taken measures and I am sure that the specialist will find out what's wrong, if anything is wrong anyway. This symptoms you are currently feeling might be a consequence of enlarged uterus and it could be an indicator of potential illness. But you shouldn't be worried because you've done all you can, the best thing for you now is to go and see that specialist and wait for the results.

Hi! everyone I'm a 24 year old engaged mother of a 9 yr old. I want to have a baby before the wedding which is in Feb. 08 I've been really working toward having another child but I have female complications with my ovaries. I want to make our family complete but we havn't had any luck yet. :'(

[helo
am36 years old.height 5.2".wt 65 kg.have exceve unwantet hair.have polysistic overy.plz give some suggetion

Hi everyone:

I am 32 and have had completely normal periods until last month. I went to the emergency room because I started bleeding very heavily and thought I was hemmroaging. The doctor did a pelvic exam and said that my uterus was enlarged. I have been having a dull ache and sometimes more sharper pain over my right lower abdomen and I feel like there is a golf ball or something where I think my right ovary is.

I have talked with family and friends who have had cysts and endometriosis but I am not having all of the symptoms they had. Should I worry about this?

jenn2015 I had the exact thing happen to me and now found out its a tumor please seek further tretment and see if its the same for you.they did a biopsy now waiting for results to see if its cancer ..angela XD

I am a nurse and wanted to reassure the original poster that having fibroids does not always mean that a hysterectomy is necessary. Contrary to what Pam said, fibroids can be treated, often controlled, and do not always necessitate having to remove the uterus. A woman can receive different treatments available today that will help control her fibroids and still be able to have children. I had one very large fibroid outside my uterus and the fibroid was removed without complication, and I still have my uterus. There are various treatments and one should discuss this with their doctor or a specialist. A hysterectomy can be avoided most of the time unless a woman has already had her children and she just would rather have it removed. Having fibroids does not mean that a woman is in for a hysterectomy.

Hi, i am a 28 year old lady without children, i went for an ultrasound and the result was that i have an enlarged lobulated uterus measuring 16cmlong. the result also shows that i have a myomatus uterus with several discrete intramural fibriods with the largest measuring 9cm. What are my chances of getting ptrgnant?

Hi, I am a 44 yr. old with 3 children. I found out today that I have an enlarged uterus and a cyst or ? in my right breast. I have been having longer periods and more painful cramping over the last 3 or 4 months. I go next week for an ultrasound on my breast and my uterus. I don't know what to expect. I've also been hurting in the lower part of my stomach for no apparent reasons over the last few months. I'm really scared, my Mom had to have a hysterectomy years ago and she also lost one breast to cancer. So I have alot of reasons to be terrified. I am really scared. I also have one daughter.

I am 20 years old. I had a baby about 17 months ago. I ended up needing a C-section during the birth. It seems as though my uterus is still enlarged, and there seems to be a weird fluid/gushy thing right above my belly button. A couple of months after i had my daughter, i had some cysts on my ovaries; and i was experiencing great pain. I have not had that pain in a while, however this leads me to wonder if the two issues may be related. I thought that my stomach would go down more. I have lost all of the baby weight, and i run 3 miles 5 times a week. The only issue is that my stomach or uterus seems to still be enlarged. I know that i am not pregnant, nor is there any possibility of pregnancy. Is it possible that during the C-section some of the after-birth or fluid from the pregnancy is still inside my uterus? Or is my uterus still enlarged or why? Its really weird because i lost all of the baby weight and im back to normal except for my stomach. To add the little gelly type ball that is about 3 inches in my stomach is kind of weird as well. Maybe someone has some suggestions or ideas as to what the problem may be?

I am 36 years old I have been having very bad abdominal pains when I have my mentsrtal cycle. It has been going on since 2004. I complained to my GP and she had me take a sonogram in 2005. It came back showing no signs of a cysts or tumors. Here it is 2007 the pain has gotten worse with each cycle, my periods went from 5 days down to three and when I have intercorse it is painful and I bleed afterwards and now I have the sharp pains with out the cycles. I went to an OBGYN and he told me that my uterus was enlarged and that he wanted to do a laparoscopy to look at what might ne going on inside. My insurance denied the request because they feel that there was not enough treatment given to me before he proceed with this procedure.

I am still in pain and do not know what to do? can anyone give me any advise? :'( 8-| :-(

Fibroids and/or perimenopause can cause uterine enlargement. Fibroids DO NOT turn into cancer. While they can be a pain in the x***** and cause all kinds of discomfort, bleeding, etc. Talk to your dr. and discuss whats the best thing to do. It may be as simple as prescribing birth control pills to even out your hormones for a while. Believe me to ease your mind see a dr.

Hi all,

I was fine until a few days ago when at the last day of my cycle that the pain too much for me to handle that i had to br rushed to the hospital. I found out that I have cysts on my left ovary and many large fibroids. My cycle is usually normal except. Nothing has change for my cycle but now I know I have these things growing in me.

I am keeping my trust in God because only He answers prayers.
I have no chuldren and I am looking forward to having twins sometime in the future so lets pray for each other.

I just had a hysterectomy on June 3rd with the Da Vinci Robotic Surgery System. I had to have it due to a severe case of fibroids and one that grew to the size of a grapefruit. Although, there are other options such as removing the fibroids one by one I chose the hysterectomy only because I know that fibroids grow back after removal and I had been suffering for years with heavy bleeding and horrible menstruals. Also because I have a 15 and 13 year old. I was pregnant 4 times in the past 9 years and miscarried 3 and had the other in my fallopian tube which was removed along with my tube. The 3 miscarraiges followed. I just miscarried twins in 2007. I'd had enough. Well to make a long story short, yesterday my doctor told me they tested my uterus that was removed and he said I had a severe case of 'adenomyosis', something I never heard of!!...apparently the lining around my uterus has muscles, well my muscles were bleeding!...Well before you make any decisions I advise you to research, research, research!...good luck!