I am 23 and yesterday I went to the gyn. She discovered a cyst on my right ovary. I am really afraid, something is wrong with me, though doctor says I’ll be fine and not to worry.

Is this ovarian cyst causing you pain? Usually cysts are harmless and do not cause symptoms (for example pain or pressure). Besides they go away by themselves and no specific treatment in needed. But if treatment is needed, they are controlled with birth control pills.
You really have nothing to worry about, besides, your doctor says that … So, do yourself favor and do not stress yourself unnecessary!!! Stress effects your body, you know! And trust me, in future, you’ll probably get into many stressful situations (exams, job, kids…), so do not worry if this is not needed :-)
Best wishes!

? I have ovarian cyst on both ovaries and it cares me a lot. I also have fibroid tumors in my uterus. I don't know what to think. I don't know that in a feww weeks, I will be having everything surgically removed. Please let me know how anyone feels about that. I have tried everything to control it, but nothing has worked.

Sincerely,

Very Scared :'(

Hi Mrs Franks, I ran into your problem with the ovarian cyst, and the fibroids as well. Really though! I suppose that a surgery is the best way for you to get rid of all the troubles and bad thoughts. Are you going for the full hysterectomy? My aunt had it done some years ago, and it all went fine. She had cyst on both of her ovaries, but she removed uterus as well as she was done giving birth and wanted to be on the safe side. The surgery went just fine, and everything was great, it’s just that she developed mild depression soon after. It was nothing serious, maybe it was because of the hormones, she wasn’t even in the perimenopause at the time. I just wanted to tell you to be carefull, pay attention to your mental health as well and wish you all the best with the surgery. I am sure everything will turn out just fine!!!!! Good luck!!!!

Hi, Lori, Thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate what you have wrote. However, I was told by family members not to have my cervix taking, because that's what causes the depression (not that I am not already depressed, badly). But yes, I am going to have the surgery soon and I do not plan to have more children, being that I have a son that is almost 18 and a daughter who is 15. I would be crazy to start all over and they are almost out of the house. But my thing is, I hate that my husband has to suffer for the pain and discomfort that I'm going through. Being that he ahs been paralyzed for 15 years, i though he would understand. But unfortunately, he doesn't. I guess that's where a lot of my stress and depression comes from. But enough of me. Once again, thank you for your support, because i don't have it at home :'(

Sincerely,

Mrs Franks

Hi Mrs. Franks! I don’t understand why you are so depressed. Ok, it is true that you have a medical problem, but you will take care of it soon. So, you are 32 and have two grown up children who don’t need your constant attention. Isn’t this part of your life that should be most fun? Do you work? I think this is the time when you can commit yourself to the things you like and enjoy. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think you should abandon your family or anything, I believe that you should just indulge yourself a bit, and not ruin your life by being depressed. It is true that depression is often stronger that our will itself but I am sure that a way you look at life has a lot to do with things.
I have just read some of your other posts, and I can’t believe that your husband is not supportive!!! Maybe, he is so much into his own grief that he doesn’t have energy to be there for you!
Have you tried talking to your husband honestly? What exactly is he angry about? I don’t understand what gives him that right if you have been by his side! Best Regards
Lori

Thank you, Lori. :-) My husband, I believe is just so used to me doing everything for him and now it's hard being sick all the time myself. And yes I try to talk to him honestly and let him know that I am still there for him and I love him. But I just don't think it is enough. :-( Sometimes I try to explain some of my medical problems and he gets upset as if I am blaming him. I don't know why he would think that, but he does. Sometimes I just don't say anything at all and that makes him upset, too. When I first got sick, he thought I was cheating on him. Because our sex life has went down hill. Being sick, I don't have any sexual hormones right now. And I pray to got after I have the surgery, things will get better. Because I do love him to death. Thank you Lori, for your sincerity.

Mrs Franks