Hello! My sister came home from the gyno and is all crazy and devastated. She says that doc found something in her uterus and I can’t calm her down. The point is that she didn’t understand anything, what the doctor was saying as all she did was go for a routine check up. Now, she is mentioning some heterogeneous leiomyomas of the uterus or something like that. To be honest, I have never heard of it either. Is there anybody who could explain this to me until my sister’s next appointment when I will definitely go with her to see what the doctor says. Thank you!

Your sister is probably stressed because she didn’t understand anything but she heard tumor. Now, don’t you get all crazy now!!! The doc was probably talking about uterine fibroid tumors that are NON-cancerous growths in the uterus. Fibroids usually develop from cells in the wall of the uterus but can also grow beneath the uterine lining. When these fibroids expand, they can stretch the endometrium, causing heavy menstrual bleeding and severe pain as the uterus tries to expel the mass. Even small fibroids in this location may cause these symptoms. Large uterine fibroids can cause pain, constipation, frequency of urination and increased menstrual pain and irregularity. They can even cause a miscarriage or premature labor if they grow so big. Small fibroids can be left untreated and monitor but large usually demand treatment. Treatment performed for this condition are hysteroscopy (procedure where a telescope is placed into the uterine cavity and the tumor is cut out ), myomectomy (surgical removal of the tumors only, which leaves the uterus in place ) is done in order to preserve fertility, and hysterectomy (is the surgical removal of the entire uterus ). The last procedure is for women who have severe fibroids and are done giving birth.

Hey girls. Listen, calm your sister down because most probably, it's nothing serious. We may be talking about fibroids, a disease that is benign, non-cancerous type of tumor, in fact, most causes of large uterus are benign. I say most, because there are exceptions and they are dangerous. We are talking about cervical cancer and others. But, if it's fibroids, your sister shouldn't be worried about anything because twenty to fifty percent of women have it or had it. They can disappear on their own, but if not, if they overgrow, they are surgically removed and that process is called hysterectomy. Keep us updated on her case.

Is there any medical help 4 d same prob?

Birth control pills or a Mirena IUD.

Thank goodness! Mys says I have diffusely heterogeneous and demonstrating multiple leiomyomas 3.4 cm at the uterine fundus left laterally. So, I am 47 and pro would be best to have a hysterectomy since I am a grandma now. I have had fibroids cysts. I had very heavy periods. I had D & C, 2 laparoscopys and the latest was wher they go in and burn the lining out. I really thought that was a miracle, it was for about 6 mths. now the bleeding is back and more. Tell your sister God Bless and I will be praying for her. My sister died of breast cancer 2 yrs. ago and I know how bad it would hurt u if something happen but sounds like u 2 got it down. It's glad to have someone who care!!