I want to know this. Why do doctors say not worry about a cysts when it is causing you pain? See ,I've had a hysterectomy and still I am in lots of pain and my surgery was over a year ago. Fist a doctor tells me that it's a cyst on the left side if my stomache,then he tells me that it may even be a tumor,then he says that it may even be a solid lesion. Now remember that was on the left side of my stomache now the doctors are saying that I have Ovarian Cysts on my left ovary the reason that I have so much pain.But there is noothing being done in my situation. Now to all of the doctors that reads this phase I am a (CNA) Certified Nurses- Assistant; so I know how important the (HIPPA) act is.And I Also know that you can not diagnos or treat someone that you never even seen before;So my question to you is that *******What do you think of this whole thing? Can you give me some type of advice to at least try to help me to figure out what is exactly is going on here inside of me.Because I am so confused. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Hi! How old are you? What tests did you have? I am not a doctor, I just wanted to share my experience with ovarian cysts with you.
I was found to have ovarian cysts after suffering from severe, debilitating pain during my periods. Sometimes they were so strong that the pain would radiate to my groins and thighs. Sometimes I would have this feeling of pressure in my abdomen.

Later on I started experiencing irregular periods. I know some women had pain during sex. Awful!

Have you had an ultrasound to check for the presence of cysts? I saw mine on ultrasound.

My gynecologist put me on birth control pills so I wouldn’t ovulate and have periods, so I could get rid of that pain and I guess to try to shrink the cysts.

They told me that some cysts resolve on their own. I wasn’t recommended any treatment option because my doc said she would like to observe them as they are not so big although they have caused me these symptoms.

What did you get out during hysterectomy? What was the reason you had it?

Hi

I also had a complete hysterectomy I still have my left ovary though I just found out today after 3 weeks of dying in pain that i have a cyst on it. I have been to the doctors and hospitals for 3 weeks and still know nothing They say it will go away on it's own So I guess until then I am just suppose to suffer. I have gained weight, can't sleep, vomitting from the pain and have mood swings There has to be something they can do to help us I am 31 I had my hysterectomy 5 years ago because of a cyst and a mass on my ovary Now I am real living it again Most information I look up for it is when you have not had a hysterectomy So that information does not apply to us at all
thanks
missy

You may need an OOpharectomy, or removal of the ovaries. MANY docs can be reluctant to do this because it would throw you into early menopause. Have you considered birth control pills?

im a 16 year old girl and i no exactly what u mean. i have had so many pregnancy tests and blood tests its unreal. the doctors suggested i have polycystic ovaries and i had 2 go 4 an ultrasound scan. i had 2 wait 10 weeks for it. I am still waiting. i get a lot of aches in my actual stomach and then i get pains where i am doubled up in agony down low where my ovaries are. they said they couldnt do anything for the pain which is very frustrating for me. im hoping that i can still have kids when i am older. my suggestion is just to keep on to the doctors to prescribe you something stronger to ease the pain, but other than that there isnt much they can actually do.

I had a laproscopy last december for a cyst on my right ovary. Well when they went in nothing was there. They did do DNC which they did not tell me they were going to do. I have been very unstable with my periods ever since. After my surgery I have had a period every other week for almost a year. I reent stopped taking my birth control to see if that would help with my period. My genocologist has put me on so many different ones to see if they can regulate me it isn't funny. So I just quit, and now I am having severe pain in my lower abdomen again, and I just know the cyst is back because the pain is the same as it was this time last year. What should I do? Should I go back to the doctor, or just see what happens. :-(

I'm so confused @ the moment! I just got told by my gyn that i have a cyst on my right ovary, which i could see on my scan. Left is small as grape but right is as big as plum. But all i know is that i have to go back in 6wks to check...check what? i have a cyst why can't the do something now! I have 4 kids & i dnt wan2 be told in 6 wks or more that " sorry we should have done something earlier. I'm only 31 & wks away from celebrating my 9th anniversary. I get Major pains whilst having sex, in my lower abdomen. And many times during the day i get real funny pains in the middle of my stomach, right under my belly button. But i had a small Hernia(if that how u spell it) when i was preg with 2nd child, again nothing done, still there. I know that doctors dnt like to do things in a hurry, due to $$$$ but surely they can do SOMETHING

I went to the emergency room last november with excruciating pain on my lower left sidee, and they found a cyst there by doing an ultrasound. the cyst was 9x7x6 cm. they kept me there for pain management and ended up removing it via laparoscopy. now I'm on birth control. lately ive been having a tiny bit of pain on my lower right side. would another cyst have grown since early december? especially since I'm on birth control?

i have 4 cysts - 2 on each ovarian... my gynaecologist asked me to get operated or get pregnant (no kidding - i was 25 unmarried when she advised me this) for 3 months i was on birth control pills which just seemed to spoil my health further as i'm not used to take allopathy medicines.
after a year of trying to get some relief thru allopathy i gave up...
i tried ayurveda... not only have the cysts reduced in size even my pain seems to have vanished. i practice yoga and take some ayurvedic medicines... thats it.

i recommend women suffering from such problems to pls try ayurveda for atleast 6 months and see the difference.

Good luck