Hi I just turned 28 and i have just been told that i have fibroids and a enlarged uterus. my symptoms only include backache and bloating. my periods are only 2-3 days with day two being the heaviest. can i get these removed without further complications and will i still be able to bear children since i have none

Hi:
I have your same issue. However, I am much older than you, so my fibroids have grown into grape-like clusters. My periods sound exactly like yours. When I had my first child, they discovered a fibroid (1 of 3) and they were concerned that it would interfere with the pregnancy. That did not happen, however. The fetus grew and the fibroid shrunk (perhaps hormonal). I do not have back pain, and as far as I can remember, I never have. In regards to removing them, it depends on where they are. They could be embedded in the uterine wall. If that's the case, they can't just go in and remove them (simple procedure). Your options depend upon where your fibroids are located, etc. You'll need to ask your ob/gyn about that, in terms of bearing children. What I would advise is that, unless it's really a life threatening situation (and it doesn't sound like it is), don't be talked into having some surgery that will cause you to be infertile. Explore all of your options and the risks. You are very young, and fibroids are quite common. I know that your dreams of motherhood can come true. Educate yourself before you make any decisions and find the best doctors in the business for your advise and treatment. Best wishes...Let us know.

Hey girls. I would like you to know that fibroids aren't anything scary, or rare condition. Every fifth woman has it for sure and it's nothing to be afraid of. I also think that, if not enlarged much, they can't interfere with your pregnancy. But, enlarged uterus is potentially dangerous because fibroids may grow and in that case, they are surgically removed. The process of removing them is called hysterectomy and it's not a joke at all. So, you should monitor your health status, and see your phd about that. He will tell you what to do next. Keep us posted.