Hi I had a laproscopy,hysterscopy, and a D&C last week, for 3 complex cysts, and a mass in my uterus, my dr. thought for sure I had endometriosis bcause of all of my other symptoms but after i awoke from surgery he told me it was negative on the endo, and the ovaries looked fine, but my uterus was very thick and very enlarged, he said maybe the cysts were causing too much estrogen to that area to make it all swollen,I'm still waiting on my results form pathology, should i be worried, and if i dont have cancer, should I get a second opinion, I look like I am 6 months prgant(I know its only been a week but I would have thought some of this would be gone by now!) I am 31 and have 3 children and my hubby had a vasectomy 3 yrs ago WE ARE DONE w/ kids, so I dont know why he wouldnt just take out my uterus..help

Uterin fibroids (malignant tumors) can grow to the size of a grapfruit and cause enlargment. One of my friends had one taken out that was 6 lbs. The cause of these are imbalances or too much estrogen and not enough progesterone. Has the doctor given you any replacement hormone therapy etc? As this may assist in your recovery.
If you want a hysterectomy then ask your doc why this is not possible or like you said get a second opinion.

Hey guys. I also think that large uterus may be caused by the cysts. have you examined that already? Also, you have three children which means you are to succumb to adenomyosis which inflicts women after childbearing years. This is somewhat serious issue because you don't know exactly what is bothering you. I know that the swelling is uncomfortable on it's own, but you should go and see your gynecologist about this issue, and further investigate it because we may be talking about fibroids which need to be removed surgically. The process itself is called hysterectomy and it's not painless at all.